Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What would be the best multi vitamin for me to take?
and how much iron and b12 should i be taking daily?
how much protien?|||I don't take vitamins, but I do eat 2 servings of fortified breakfast cereal everyday. With each serving I add one 8 oz. serving of soy milk. (That's just part of my day's food BTW) It's a great way to start your day especially with some fruit. It also makes a good filling bedtime snack.

That takes care of my calcium, vitamin D, iron, B6, B12, folic acid, and a bunch of other things I can't remember. You can check though next time you are in the cereal isle. You have ot be careful though because some cereal contains milk.

I don't take any supplements at all and I am perfectly healthy. Generally vegans don't need to take supplements. A good, varied diet will allow you to be healthy without taking pills.

Good luck and take care.|||To figure out how much protein you need, multiply your weight in pounds by 0.36. The result is a good estimate of mow many grams you need, but it has a margin of error built in (so you can get by with less.) Unless you're pregnant, lactating or bodybuilding you don't need any more than that.

I take Deva brand multi. It's got some iron and some B12 and I don't take more of either. It's not a great idea to take supplemental iron unless you have symptoms of iron deficiency or your doctor has diagnosed you as iron deficient; too much can be highly toxic.

Your main focus should be on getting your nutrients from food. "Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina is a great resource. I take a multi because my diet is good, but it sure isn't perfect every day.|||I have my own views on it - but really think it best to go to someone that can test and see what it is that you actually need - or if you need to take any sort of suppliments.

That means that you should make an appointment with a doctor and get tested.

Spending un-needed monies on vitamins that you very well don't even need is more expensive in the long run that just going to the doctor and getting tested.

火车采集器
  • miata
  • deathly hallows part 2 trailer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment