Tuesday, March 6, 2012

i'm vegan. what are the reasons you are vegan? just outt of interest|||FOR THE ANIMALS:
************************
Today the majority of farmed animals are:
-confined to the point that they can barely move,
-denied veterinary care,
-mutilated without painkillers,
-and finally slaughtered often while fully conscious.

FOR OUR EARTH:
***********************
According to Dr. David Brubaker, PhD, at Johns Hopkins University’s Center for a Livable Future, “The way that we breed animals for food is a threat to the planet. It pollutes our environment while consuming huge amounts of water, grain, petroleum, pesticides and drugs. The results are disastrous.”

FOR MY HEALTH:
**********************
“Vegetarian diets offer a number of nutritional benefits, including lower levels of saturated fat, cholesterol, and animal protein, as well as higher levels of carbohydrates, fiber, magnesium, potassium, folate, and antioxidants such as vitamins C and E and phytochemicals. Vegetarians have been reported to have lower body mass indices than nonvegetarians, as well as lower rates of death from ischemic heart disease; vegetarians also show lower blood cholesterol levels; lower blood pressure; and lower rates of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and prostate and colon cancer.”
--American Dietetic Association, June 2003 position paper|||I went vegetarian because my body could no longer tolerate meat, and I got truly disgusted by some things I read.

I went vegan a few months later when I learned of the dairy-veal connection, how the cows kept for their milk are treated, and how the hens kept for their eggs are treated.|||I dont think what they do to animals is right but the biggest reason is my health. There are so many steriods, and medicine and crap loaded up in the animals that your not really eating meat. Its like man made meat|||Ethical reasons mainly. I hated calling myself an avid animal lover yet still consumed animal products. I hate the fact that billions of animals are killed horribly just for my taste buds and my convenience.|||I refuse to support the meat industry, I do it for my health, and the enviornment.|||I am vegan because I refuse to support the meat industry.|||The way the meat industry treats animals...it's horrid.|||becuase i am, i needed a reason?

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment