Saturday, March 3, 2012

I think veganism is a choice of living without the use of animals. I laugh when I hear people say it is a cult! LOL.My whole family is vegan and we are the only ones in our town. I guess we could be our own cult. We chose first to be vegetarians, and then we cut out dairy and all of our sinus/cold problems went away (no more inflammation/mucus producing antigens from dairy). Next was eggs and that was because I didn't want to spend alot of money on something as $5 for a dozen organic eggs. So we just stopped using the eggs, and suddenly we were vegan! We can survive without the use of animals. Makes me feel more independent in a way.

I also would like to educate people about vegans and protein. There is enough protein in vegetables (beans, rice, peanuts, wheat, and other supergrains and superfoods that the average person has not heard of before - amaranth, quinoa, hempseed). But even vegans can eat horribly! I've seen vegans that eat french fries, pop, pizza with no cheese, and just eat toast. Where are the vegetables??? You can eat grains like rice and beans but you still need vegetables, especially the green leafy kind. As a vegan I guess you need to be aware of what you are eating and be smart about it.|||dont really know what that is|||I think it is the person's choice, I think if they have chilren they need to make sure their children either eat meat or get enough protein from other sources. Most vegans don't think about that part. As long as they are healthy and their children don't suffer nutritonally, then hey they can do what they want.|||Most people don't understand nutrition at all. Going vegan is not dangerous as long as you replace the meat with nutritious alternatives. Just eating pb&j sandwiches is not going to do it.

There is a lot of protein in vegetables - how else would you classify them?

Do research on it. Most Americans are especially ignorant about the food they eat.|||I think it's crazy! we are all carnivores by nature. I couldn't imagine not eating a thick, juicy rare steak. I love meat.|||If God meant for us to be vegan, we'd have hooves and three stomachs. If we were meant to be carivores we would have long sharp claws and teeth. That's why we are omnivores.|||I think it's great, as long as you eat right so you get lots of protein and vitamins and minerals. I'm a vegan, and I love it! :]|||Veggies may have protein in them, but a tiny amount when compared to meat. There's 3 g in broccoli, and 26 in chicken. That's a huge difference and you'd have to eat a ton of broccoli to get enough protein. Anyway, that's not what we're here to talk about. If people want to be vegans, all the power to them.

I think that veganism is great in theory, but not really in practice. We were made to be omnivors, so we should have a varied diet including meat, plenty of fruits and veggies and everything.|||I think it is up to the person whether or not he or she wants to become a vegan. However, they would have to work extra hard to get all their vitamins and such.|||I think it is a person's choice, and I wouldn't disrespect a vegan.

But I think it adds a lot of difficulties to a person's life. It is hard to eat as a vegan in public or at work or at friend's houses or at holiday events or whatever. I think it would be boring to limit that much food from your life too. I think you'd have difficulty fulling experiencing other cultures. And I don't think the health/environmental benefits are worth it, although they are probably worth it to be vegetarian. I understand why people are vegetarians, and nowadays that is pretty easy to do. But being vegan- no I don't get it.|||I think it's noble, but very challenging to be vegan in a healthy way.
A surprisingly good source of pretty easy vegan recipe ideas is the book Super Baby Food.|||I think its extreme and it must certainly take time and committment to follow. Its a personal choice and if that is someones choice then thats fine by me. I will stick to my omniverous roots :D|||It's a cult. Not to worry though, they will all soon starve to death.|||Lol :) I haven't starved to death yet! I'm at my ideal weight and I have been for years, nothing changed at all when I went vegan! ^^

I think it's one of the best choices I ever made. I'm only sorry I didn't do it sooner. I was a vegetarian over 6 years before I went vegan, and during all that time I should have been vegan!

It's wonderful, I feel complete freedom. I can look at a cow and finally feel absolutly no guilt whatsoever. There is nothing about my lifestyle that will ever harm that cow. I don't wear leather, don't consumer meat or anything that has any sort of dairy or dairy derivatives. It's wonderful :) And I feel great!|||I have utmost respect for vegans. I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat dairy either but I do eat eggs, only for the fact I have a candida problem and can't tolerate any processed food, so going completely vegan when have a candida problem seems impossible for me at the moment. Veganism is a wondeful lifestyle to have, albeit it can be tough sometimes as some people can be cruel, but it's for the right reasons. I wish some people were more open mind to different viewpoints and beliefs on here.|||As long as you go about it the right way, there isn't a problem. But if you become sick and weak from not getting the nutrients you need to survive, it probably isn't the way you should go. If you believe that strongly in something but can't really participate, do some research before you shop. Only buy organic foods (cheese, milk, etc.) and stick with your cause.|||Isn't it interesting how the only people who have anything negative to say about a vegan diet are those who aren't vegan themselves. It is not all that difficult to be vegan, it's a very healthy choice, it isn't difficult to get proper nutrition, and it's a very ethical choice. But no, it's not for everybody due to various factors.

Personally I feel better than I ever have, I do not find it difficult, I love the new world of food that has opened up for me, and I love knowing I cause less suffering to animals than when I was l/o, and even omni many years before that.

"Omnivore" doesn't mean that we have to eat meat, just that we can. But even that is doubtful considering the vast amount of disease that consumption of meat causes.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment