Saturday, March 3, 2012

If yes, in what way and to what extent?|||Interesting question. I'm not a Buddhist although I've adopted some of their values and beliefs because I think many Buddhist teachings make sense. I believe in minimising suffering (whether that be human or animal suffering).Some branches of Buddhism promote veg*nism as a way of being compassionate for animals.

Some Buddhists believe eating meat creates 'bad karma', creating negative repercussions/consequences in a future life (note I said ''some'' Buddhists). The 5 moral Precepts act as a guide for Buddhists to help them live a moral life. You can view them as ''guidelines'' (for lack of a better word).

"Why should one refrain from killing? It is because all living beings have a life; they love their life and do not wish to die. Even one of the smallest creatures, the mosquito, when it approaches to bite you, will fly away if you make the slightest motion. Why does it fly away? Because it fears death. It figures that if it drinks your blood you will take its life. From this you can see that all living beings love life and do not wish to die. Especially people. Everyone wants to live and no one wants to die. Although people sometimes commit suicide, ordinarily people do not seek death. Suicide is a special exception to the principle. That is why we should nurture compassionate thought. Since we wish to live, we should not kill any other living beings. That explains the precept against killing''.

Just a reminder- I'm not Buddhist. I just think a lot of Buddhist teachings have credibility. Thanks for asking this. :]|||Thank you!! :-)

Report Abuse

|||I would say that it is.
I'm Catholic and I have been ever since I was little.
While the Church has no official "stance" on animal cruelty that I know of, I have personally found that my veganism fits in nicely with my being Catholic.

My God is a kind and merciful being. I don't think He ever intended His creation to be treated in manners that so-called factory farms deem to be necessary. As He created everything in a way that is pleasing to Him, I think He would want us to live in the most harmonious way possible with other animals.
I think all creatures deserve respect. Torturing, genetically modifying, abusing, cutting off limbs (and beaks and so on) is not what I call respectful. Yes, they are animals, but they are all sentient beings. God created a vast variety of animals with vast varieties of intelligence and comprehension. Just because we're human and we happen to have the highest functioning brain out of all doesn't give us the right to do as we please with the animals.
I actually feel closer to God since abstaining from meat. I think that because I respect his creatures more, I have a greater understanding of what His love means to me. Since I stand in awe of all that He has created and do my best to honor it, I feel that He has drawn me closer to Him.|||No, I'm vegan because of animal rights, which is firmly grounded in fact and reasoning - philosophy.

However, I would say that veganism has had an effect on my 'spirituality' or whatever you want to call it. I'm more at ease and have a stronger Chi than before, but that could be because of many factors.|||it is an ethical choice, which would need to match with your other beliefs. I personally dont agree with abusing animals, but do agree with killing them for meat. I would also like to see better conditions, though.|||No, I am not religious. I am an animal lover and activist.
I believe that we should not abuse or slaughter animals. |||nope.

火车采集器
  • chucky cheese games
  • ski doo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment