Friday, March 9, 2012

I feel really passionate about animal rights, health, and the environment... basically veganism in a nutshell! I think I could manage to date a vegetarian, but it would be really difficult for me to date an omnivore that would tell me, "I respect your decision, why can't you respect mine?" Because I find it difficult to respect the decision to cause harm and contribute to animal suffering, bad health, and polluting the environment.

I was just curious about your opinions!
Vegetarians: How would you feel about dating an omnivore?
Vegans: How would you feel about dating a vegetarian? How would you feel about dating an omnivore?|||I am Vegan. I dont think I could ever get serious with an omnivore. Maybe casual dating, but nothing more. I am also very passionate about animal rights and the environment, and wouldnt consider dating anyone who wasnt. We would be too different. I have never met another Vegan, and even Vegetarians are hard to come by. I would hate to say I am settling, but for now thats what I'm doing. I would love to find a Vegan, but it hasnt happened yet. I can say that I would never marry an omnivore. Could you imagine the problems that would arise there? Not saying I am better than them, just that our ideals would be too different.|||To the first poster:You do realise you can not eat meat and be for animal rights?
She is not implying anything you just saidf...hhhmmm, you like to put words in people's mouths....
Big deal, I will not be rude to a meat eaters face(ok, I will be rude tot the trolls, but they deserve it!) but I as well find it hard to respect them. Sorry, but that is my opinion and nobody is going to change it.
Veganism is very healthy, she has every right to be passionate about ehr health as a vegan, enviornment. You do realise how the meat industry hurt sthe enviornment right?
You simply can not be an enviornmentalist and eat meat!


I would find it a little hard to date an omnivore. Maybe if there was one considering going vegetarian I could bring myself to. Or if I simply really liked a girl.|||Funny.. sounds like you don't want a partner who can respect you.. you want a partner who does what he's told... that is called having a pet And going into a relationship where you already feel superior to the other person because of your personal choices almost certainly guarantees failure. The best part of a relationship is having the person by your side not looking down on them. On the other hand, there is no point either in getting into a relationship where you feel like puking every time you sit down for a meal.

Maybe when you grow up, you will understand that there is more to a relationship than "what's for dinner" and that there is more to life than "animal rights, health, and the environment"|||"I feel really passionate about animal rights, health, and the environment"

I eat meat and i also feel passionate about all those things. I think it shows how stupid vegetarians are that they don't believe a meat eater can be in support of any of those things. Just because i eat meat does not mean I am trying to make all animals go extinct, while killing myself, and tearing down all the trees. Quite the opposite. In general I think I have more respect for animals than most vegetarians ever could, I grew up on a farm so I've always had a special place in my heart for animals. My health is extremely important to me, i watch what i eat and run about 20 miles per week. I also recycle and my frat house picks up garbage around campus for 4 hours each week. I also don't have a car, I bike everywhere. Most vegetarians don't even put forth HALF as much effort that I do. You sound very narrow minded.|||I am very passionate vegetarian. I'm only 12 and my mom would kill me if i became a vegan but i plan to as soon as i move out.

All of my friends eat meat except for one but she's a pescotarian. I don't mind as long as they respect me. My entire family eats meat as well.

I've dated plenty of meat eaters and one of them tried to become a vegetarian with me. I agree it is easier to have the same diet. I am currently dating someone who's favorite foods are sushi and BBQ. Pretty ironic.

Give omnivores a chance, who knows maybe you can inspire them to become a vegetarian.|||Disagreeing on morals would probably mean you don't have that much in common in the first place, but I find more concern with functioning in everyday life. How do you enjoy a dinner out together when he orders a big fat steak? would you kiss him after he ate that? What if he uses chapstick with lanolin in it? Certainly can't kiss him then. I know a vegan who dates a meat eater and find that very strange.
Even if you believe in animal rights, especially if you are aware of the extremes of it and why I've made that choice, and claim ignorance anyway, that makes you look like an ***. That certainly would make it hard for us to hang out without coming to a heated debate.|||im a vegan.
to me my choice to being vegan is a personal choice, i don't have any problem dating an omnivore. as long as they respect my choice i'll respect theirs. there is no way im gonna find someone that i completely agree with everything they believe in, if veganism happens to be one of those points than so be it.|||I was an omnivore when I married my vegetarian wife (no, neither of us are vegan, but maybe this will still help you). She never pressured me, but I did learn how to eat tofu, and other different things. I ate less and less meat over the years. I ended up years later in a speech class where someone presented on factory farming. That was the last straw. I am now a (almost) happy vegetarian. My wife eased me into it without pressure. It's almost better that way...it was my own choice.|||I'm happily married to an omni. I went vegan after we got together. We get along with it way better than I thought we would. He orders meat when we go out and I don't cook it at home. He likes veggie food too, not just meat and potatoes.|||Id feel totally fine dating an omnivore as long as they didn't push the issue of me becoming an omnivore. If they supported my animal rights and concepts it would work out just fine.|||you can get more dating tips for men and women
http://www.momayz.net/date|||im a vegan and my bf is a meat eater its really annoying because when we have kids he doesnt want them to be vegan but i do its always a battle with every thing we can neva agree on party cakes etc..|||To me it's kind of like interfaith marriages. Some people can have successful relationships with people who don't share their beliefs, others can't. Depends on the person.|||I don't care-- I mean, he has his opinion on whatever, I have mine. Love isn't about what you eat, it's about... well, LOVE!|||***gasp***
your dating a dinosaur?!?!?!?!?!?|||Why do all vegans think that we have bad health?

I bet I am a healthier person than you, but we'll never know.|||Date an omnivore? Hell, I married one!|||red meat makes me big and strong|||I'm sort of in the same boat. I have been giving this much thought lately and I seriously don't think I could marry an omni. I know that sounds SO stuck up, as I would not want someone to say that they could not live with or marry a vegan. But it is what it is. I feel so passionately about my veganism, I know I could not tolerate having dead animals in my kitchen. Cooking is a wonderful experience for me and I just do not think I could fix my food knowing that there was one cruelty in my pots and pans. I could date an omni as long as we never eat together. (haha)
I think I could date a vegetarian, but I don't know if I could marry one. Eggs? Milk? Blech! Those smell to high heaven. Not sure I could stomach that.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment