Tuesday, March 6, 2012

i just want to ask a few questions
tell me if your vegan or not.

Is it best to get sweetened milk or un-sweetened soya milk?
Has any one tried asdas own brand soya milk ok?

Should i buy or make my own vegan cheese.

do i NEED to take supplements.


any good recipies.

what should i say to someone who makes fun of me for being vegan?


is there any thing else i shd know or any stories if ur vegan|||hi, yea i've been vegan for 7 years...

i use unsweetened soya milk if i want a cup of tea, or on cereal...i don't find a use for the sweetened stuff...

i think it's probably a lot of effort to make your own cheese and there are good vegan cheeses out there - i prefer cheezly but others like sheese, so i would say to buy it. cheese was an odd one for me when i went vegan - i'd always eaten a Lot of cheese as a vegetarian and although i was never tempted to go back to dairy, i really didn't like the vegan alternative and found i just didn't eat it. a friend made me a meal a year or so later, using cheezly and i really liked it...i think my taste buds had 'forgotten' what dairy tastes like :)

you don't need to take supplements if you're eating a varied diet...only thing you might need is B12...

if people make fun then just try not to react...people Will ask you 'what about plants' or tell you 'all vegans are unhealthy' and a load of other nonsense but the best thing you can do is show yourself as a good example of a healthy vegan, show that it's easy and that there Is plenty of stuff you can eat and that it's consistent with taking animal interests seriously in a way that vegetarianism simply can't be...

feel free to mail me if you need any help...good luck :)|||You don't have to drink soya milk - also try Oat milk and Rice Milk - they're both sold in Asda. The Rice Milk is nicer than soya.

Vegan cheese tastes totally gross, but you could probably get used to it after a while - I had some Cheezley a few weeks ago, but it wasn't good. It's only sold in larger supermarkets - I got mine from a larger branch of Tescos.

I'm vegetarian, but haven't quite taken the plunge into veganism just yet (I'm still cheese dependant).

As for supplements - vegans are prone to becoming low in vitamin B12. My husband had a vegan colleague who ended up with nerve damage due to this and had to have monthly vitamin B12 injections eventually.

Make sure you eat a good range of vegetables and take a decent multivitamin/mineral. Make sure you get enough iron and protein as well. Don't turn to carbohydrates for your energy source - get some protein into you and you'll feel better and won't put on weight.|||I am not vegan but I eat a mainly vegetarian diet which often includes vegan meals.

For the soya milk question, it really depends on what you are using it for. I usually go for unsweetened though. However, I do sometimes use sweetened on things like cereal just for taste prefrence. I haven't tried that ASDAs variety.

I would buy my own cheese but if you simply enjoy the challenge of making your own then maybe it could just be fun for you.

If you carefully watch your intake of food to make sure you get a complete balanced intake of vitamins and minerals you shouldn't need supplements. However, you don't say your age and if you are especially young it may be worth talking to your GP just to make sure.

As far as being made fun of..just let it brush off you. It is brave to make your own lifestyle choices.|||1. I'm vegan.

2. It all depends on what you want. I don't like excess sugars, so unsweetened milks are the way I go (I typically do rice or hemp milk, not soy). If you want a sweeter drink, then get sweetened, but please don't try to use it in savory recipes!

3. I have not, but most soy milk will taste the same, regardless of brand.

4. If you can make it, make it. Always best to make your own foods.

5. No, but you NEED to eat a well-rounded diet with adequate calories.

6. Email me your fave foods, I'll give you vegan recipes for them.

7. Ask them why they felt so compelled to share their stupid opinion with you.

8. Yes, being vegan is EASIER than you might think! Few people seem to know this :)|||Im not a vegan, but I know allot of people who are vegans. And besides my mom barely eats meat because well i dont know lol.
Anyways, I think it's better to buy your vegan cheese.
And yes, I do think you need supplements.
Well, I think it's just dumb if other people make fun of you just because you're vegan. Just ignore them.

p.s. what a accidence, my mom is watching something about vegans on tv.|||im vegetarian but id like to become vegan one day. the problem is that i love cheese and most of my meals contain it, so it will be hard to give that up.

i prefer flavoured soya milk as it just tastes a bit weird otherwise. i usually have apple flavour but theres all sorts.
i havent tried asdas sorry only morrisons and tescos

iv tried vegan cheese from holland & barretts that looked like cheese slices that you get in individual wrappers. it looked the part but honestly tasted like paper! i havent tried any others yet but im sure theres a range of flavours! no idea how to made it but iv also heard theres a thing u can make with nuts that kinda tastes like cheese?

you dont need to take supplements as long as you eat plenty of fruit and veg, especially greens like broccoli and spinach. eat nuts theres loads to choose from, eat seeds their really addictive once you get used to them. include tofu in your meals. you can grill it, fry it etc. i usually make my own stirfry and grill quorn/tofu fillets. then chop them up and chuck into stirfry.

vegans differ from vegetarians slightly because vegans dont eat meat because they feel strongly about animal abuse, and so believe that its not right to take dairy from cows because it was meant for their calves.

just tell them you are against animal abuse
animals are your friends....and you dont eat your friends
and that cows are pumped full of hormones and steroids, impregnated and then when the calf is born its taken away so that dairy farms get the milk. girl calves are grown to become dairy cows and boy calves are killed and become veal|||I don't think it matters whether or not your milk is sweetened. I enjoy the vanilla kind, so that's what I buy. I'm in the US, so I don't think we have asdas brand, so I will defer to those who know that one.

I would say buy the cheese until you learn what kind you like. They are really not wonderful, and the transition to not eat any cheese is worthwhile.

But! I love to experiment when I cook, so if you do, too, go for it! :o)

Take a B12 vit once in awhile. Most soy milks in the US is already fortified with it, but I still take one every once in awhile. Go outside to get vit D. Eat flax and/or walnuts for omegas. That's about it!

Vegweb.com has some great recipes, so look around until you find ones you like.

People are going to question you, try to make you angry, and some will even be outright mean to you. Please start to accept that this will happen.

What I do when people I don't know ask, I tell them I eat plant protein. It will answer their second question ("How do you get your protein?!") easily enough. Then I decide if I want to engage in a discussion. I sometimes will tell them I live a cruelty-free life, but that can sometimes invite the wrong discussion. :o)

To my friends, it was easy. I had been a vegetarian, so it wasn't a stretch.

Become passionate about your choice (for some, it's a slower process than others). When you are passionate about it, the insults don't bother you as much. You know you are doing the right thing and that's all there is to it.

The most successful I've been has been taking my die-hard carnivore friends to veggie restaurants. Opens their eyes to everything wonderful we get to eat. :o)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment