Saturday, March 3, 2012

i've been a complete vegetarian for almost 2 years.
i really want to be a vegan, but my parents don't want me to. they say it's unhealthy.

i feel it's right for me,but i don't really know where to start.
any tips?|||Vegetarians are okay. Vegans scare me more than Christians.|||eat losts of protein vitamins and calcium and things like that, drink soy milk as well. if you dont, you will be very very sick for the first while. Vegaterianism isnt wrong or unhealthy, you just have to do it the right way. remember to get all the vitamins and minerals you would normally get with meat and other things like that|||go to vegan wolf www.veganwolf.com this is a fabulous website and will give you a lot of information. Also stock up on some staples that will give you the ability to make up tasty vegan meals - all of the information is at vegan wolf|||Be a vegan just remember to eat your vitamin b complex pills. Dont get the gelatin pills, they are made from animal bones!|||Your parents are right. Veganism is unhealthy, and very unnatural for humans. Humans evolved as meat-eaters and require animal foods for proper nutrition. Keep eating your eggs and dairy and avoid soy - it is poison.

Contrary to dietary fads, your body needs fat and cholesterol to properly function.|||Actually, being vegan is very healthy for you since youre cutting out meat which contains a lot of fat.
Here's some tips:
~Make sure you get your protein. Eat pleanty of cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, and peanut butter.
~Make sure to eat raw fuits and vegetables, not canned or cooked, to make sure you get your minerals.
~Drink plenty of water.
~Try taking some vitamins too if you feel like you're not getting enough in your meals.
~Stay away from other high calorie high fat foods.
I hope this helped.
=)|||Vegans eat no meat, eggs, milk, or anything containing animal ingredients, such as casein, gelatin, and whey. Vegans don’t wear leather, fur, or wool, nor do they buy products from companies that conduct non-required animal toxicity tests:
http://www.caringconsumer.com/pdfs/compa…
Or frequent zoos, rodeos, circuses, or other places where animals are held in captivity or forced to perform.|||Well I've been a vegetarian for pretty much all my life.
If you feel that it's right for you however, don't let people get in your way.

When I first realized chicken was in fact that adorable little bird running around, nothing could stop me. Though people tried, as simalrly they said it was unhealthy, but nothing could stop me.


Now before you go all in, think about it. Is it actually what you want more than anything else?
What is the actual reason you're doing it?
Is it because you want to be healthier or thinner?
Or is it because you can't stand the fact of those animals being cooped up all their lives just so we can eat something?
Or maybe something else?

It's quite a commitment and you need to be all in.
If you are then good for you!
I wish I could be, but I don't have that kind of self-discipline. :P


Now, as for people telling you not to, try to convince them that it really can be healthy.
Since they clearly care about you, I'm sure they won't mind taking an extra trip to the store so you can have all of the food you need to stay healthy.

Also, don't go all at in at once. Maybe say, instead of eating eggs this morning I'll have cereal. Or instead of drinking milk I'll just have a glass of water. Don't try to convert yourself all at once, you'll get there gradually.

Now, I would try to help you out a little more, but this answer is already CRAZY long. If you want a little more info you can message me and I'll help you out as best I can.
Best of luck!|||dont eat meat|||Being vegan, if done cautiously, is very healthy. Check out this site:
http://goveg.com/|||Feel free to show this to your parents:

The American Dietetic Association, one of the leading nutrition experts in the country, states: "Well-planned vegan and other types of vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including during pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood and adolescence."
http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada…

In terms of where to start, you can incorporate some dairy substitutes into your meals and recipes - soymilk, vegan butter, soy yogurt, vegan cheese, etc. Here's a list of some dairy alternatives (as well as vegan fake meats): http://www.vegcooking.com/guide-favs.asp

For eggs, EnerG Egg Replacer is great for baking and scrambled tofu serves as a kind of scrambled egg replacement. Here is a vegan breakfast scramble: http://www.chooseveg.com/display_recipe.…

Good luck!|||Hi.
I am a vegetarian....and about the whole "vegan" thing, my mom feels the same way! She is a vegetarian too!
I know some good websites for you though:
~ goveg.com
~ vegsource.com (it might be .org...but pretty sure it is .com....my mom usedthis one)
~ veganoutreach.org (it might be .com)
~peta.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Those are some of the websites I use, besides vegsource.com.........I am researching veganinsm before i turn into one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know a good shampoo from Target..they don't test on animals, but i don't know if it is vegan. I use it and I love it.
The company is called ORGANIX.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good luck!!!=]

I hope I helped!!!!!!!|||I would recommend people being vegans. If you really want to do it you should point out to your parents that although it seems unhealthy you can get you protein elsewhere. Nuts are a source of protein such as peanuts and walnuts, also beans, peas, lentils, and peanuts. Tofu is also tasty, it just depends on the way it is served and how, try miso soup or fried tofu with soy sause also a great vegan dish. Heres a website sure to help. http://www.veganoutreach.org/whyvegan/health.html|||Start finding vegan replacements for your consumables (body wash, shampoo, make up, cleaning products, cleansers, etc.)

By "complete vegetarian" do you actually mean strict vegetarian, where you've been following a vegan diet already? Or are you loosely referring to lacto-ovo vegetarianism? I'm not sure what "complete" vegetarians are. I imagine they'd follow a total plant based (vegan) diet, considering no vegetarian will eat meat at minimum. That's a given.|||a lot of this depends on how old you are. If you are old enough to buy your own food, then you can have more control over what you do. Ultimately, though, your parents set the rules for your house, so if they require you to eat some eggs/dairy as one of their house rules, and you can't convince them otherwise, you're stuck with it. Just start eliminating non-vegan products from the meals you do have control over. Maybe volunteer to cook a few meals a week for the family, and make them vegan. Then, when you move out of your parents home you can do what you believe is right for you.|||I've been in the same position before. I decided to wait til i didn't have to rely on my parents for food. At that point I adopted a vegan diet, slowly but surely. Start by eliminating one main vegetarian product at a time; like cut out milk and adopted an alternative to it, for a few months and then cut out eggs, butter or cheese, and adjust. I'd also highly recommended some sort of supplimentation like vitamins. Search out for gelatin free multivitamins directed towards vegans and vegetarians. They aren't that expensive at all. specifically try to suppliment: omega-3's vitamin b12 and calcium.

Oh yes,
Good Luck.|||Why? Think beef, chicken, fish....|||no meat, no honey, no eggs, no milk products, no leather, no silk,


wait! no meat - excellent, that's more meat for me. And more eggs and more cheese. Oh Mac "n" Cheese, pepperoni pizza, Denver Omelets!

Yes, Yes Yes, thank you animals for your sacrifice, the worms and maggots will enjoy me when I am dead and I don't care.|||Have a nice big Juicy T-bone steak! lol|||dont do it.|||Listen to your parents.|||Wtf is a vagen isnt the same thing as vegaterian, who cares anyway eat some meat!!!|||Eat lots of beans or something to get proteins and amino's.
You need fish to survive, we don't torture fish. We just kill em. Nice and easy.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment