Saturday, March 3, 2012

I have a lot of info for my speech, but I need a few tips on how to keep it informative and not sound persuasive... Any advice & tips are welcome..|||Well, it depends on your focus, I suppose. You have one option, which is to completely avoid any discussion of the touchier subjects.

Another one is to have the part of your speech that discusses reasons for going vegetarian be as neutral as possible. Rather than saying, "Factory farms are morally wrong because the animals are kept in horrible conditions," say, "Ethical vegetarians are often concerned by the treatment of animals in factory farms. They object to practices such as tail and ear docking and debeaking. They also cite overcrowding and unnatural diets as reasons for objecting to factory farms."

When discussing environmental concerns, do the same thing. Rather than saying, "Factory farms have a negative impact on the environment," say "Vegetarians also have environmental concerns about commercial animal agriculture. They often point out greenhouse gasses, manure lagoons, etc, etc."

Basically, add a "Vegetarians and vegans worry/say/etc" before statements that can be construed as persuasive. I also suggest avoiding visual aids that show the uglier side of things, as they are definitely rhetorical tools that are designed to persuade.

Good luck to you.|||I would say just use facts and the information you got without putting your opinion in.
I took a speech class a few months ago myself and writing informative speeches was almost like writing a research paper. So if you keep that in mind and don't bring up your opinion you should be fine.

Hope I helped:))
and Good Luck by the way:]

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment