Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I have been slowly weaning myself of meat and dairy for about a 6 weeks now, and as of this week have decided to go 100% how long till I notice the great things associated with veganism, e.g. clear skin and eyes, glowing complexion, more energy, weightloss etc? and how long till other things subside while my body is adjusting to my new diet, e.g. gassiness, stronger body odour, sleeplessness, cravings for old stuff etc?? thankyou for sharing your experiences if possible :)|||Great question!
You know, I started the new "blood type diet" which for me, means vegetarian and/or (no pork, beef and chicken)....within a few days I noticed a CHANGE in my body odor and bowels. I had LESS body odor and LESS SMELL in my bowels. Within 2-3 days. I couldn't believe it!

I eat fish (cod, salmon, snapper) and since my intestines are not SLOWED DOWN by pork, beef and chicken SLOWLY moving through my intestines and fermenting/rotting, there is LESS ODOR. I am very happy and pleased.

However, it has been about 2-weeks now and I see no change in my complexion yet, however this may be cosmetic. (I'm still working on it).|||Never|||It will take time to adjust because you will be riding your body of lots of toxins.

Give it about 3 months minimum and if you dont start to see big changes after that then you is probably deficient in something.|||My partner and I have been vegans now for almost 4 months, he has lots loads and loads of weight, his hair is growing fast and looks healthier. I on the other hand, haven't lost any weight, I think I may have added a few pounds, my skin still isn't clear and I don't look like the image of health.

Clear skin isn't just diet related, but hormal.
Clear eyes....depends on the person I guess. Mine are always reddish from hours of using the computer lately :S
Glowing compleion might happen, but a good run would do it too.
More engery might take some time, as you may go through a burst of energy the first few days and then a down fall, and then build more energy again.
Weightloss depends on the person, I didn't have ANY to lose, and my partner had some....so he lost some, and I gained (I think) from eating more oils (I cover everything in olive oil, yum).

I'm still gassy, and doubt this will go away, as I am generally a gassy person, although it isn't foul smelling. The cravings will go away once the meat enzymes leave your body...maybe a month of so? Body odor will change quickly, depending on what you eat. I eat loads of garlic and find I sometimes smell of garlic, hehe. Same happens with spices. Sleeplessness I can't help you with, as there are so many reasons one might not sleep at night, I battle with it.

I hope this gives you an idea of what to expect (and what not to expect). Veganism isn't a miracle diet. Being a vegan doesn't make your compleion flawless and bouding with energy, but it can HELP those things.

:D|||I think you are being a bit too eager! If you shift from one eating habit to another without taking into consideration those nutrients that your body may lack later on, you may get to see worst things as far as your health is concerned. I am not saying that vegan diet is not good, but only that you need to be well-prepared to follow it. After all, this lifestyle has more benefits than disadvantages if you take certain things into consideration. In fact the good results you mentioned are true, but you need to know your deficiencies first, which if you don't pay attention to may well make you lose hope quickly than you may think.

Refer to this website for better notion of deficiencies in vegans.|||Ever see Super Size Me? It took 8 weeks of a strict vegan diet to reverse the damage Morgan Suprlock did to his liver. It took almost 2 years of healthy eating (although not vegan) to get back to his starting weight.|||i wouldn't know i never suffered those problems.|||why would you want to go vegan? you only live once... eat some meat!|||Never. Veganism is a trick by anrachists who want to destroy a vital part of our world's economy!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment