Saturday, March 3, 2012

have you ever met a vegan that didnt mention they were a vegan? they always let you know how long theyve been a vegan, they cant have a conversation without sharing vegan recipies, and they cant go through the day without criticizing someone elses diet. its so annoying|||It's a false sense of pride. People limit themselves, in hopes of becoming a better person. It's like catholics and lent. But one day, when the vegan comes home from the dr. with a poor bone density rating all will be put in their place.|||I cannot believe this is the best answer! I'd like to know your source for this poor bone density you are claiming. And food poisoning?? .......wow.....ok

Report Abuse

|||Hmmmm.. Why do non vegans that know vegans always complain about them?? Its like batman VS. the riddler. They are arch nemisis'

PS.. Can you be vegan if you eat vegis that were fertilized with cow or horse crap?|||Haha, melissa's answer cracked me up.

Secondly, although I am ashamed to admit it, my mom is one of those vegans, bless her. At the movie theatre today she made a big deal out of being vegan with her popcorn selection. At Subway today she loudly announced her veganism. It's like, dang mom, I love ya, but NO ONE CARES! I can see if she was asking a question about something and someone ASKED why she was asking, but they usually don't! Drives me up a wall.

But hey. I don't know why she does it. She doesn't try to get anyone else to be vegan. My guess is she wants people to question their own eating habits. But she also tends to be the kind of person who just likes to talk ... a lot. I just stand there shaking my head.

I'm vegan too though, just to clarify.|||Maybe the people you're referring to are really proud of themselves because it can be hard to change your diet and give up a lot of things you're used to eating and clearly not everyone has the willpower to stop eating a crappy diet and stop living in denial about how terrible animal products are for you.|||Hmmm... I'm one of those vegans, and I don't bring it up. I will answer if someone asks why I pass on the meat at a potluck or something, but I don't make a point of it. I didn't do it to please anyone else, or gain a spotlight. People who do -- are you expecting everyone to just shout "You're right!" and throw their bologna on the floor???

I think it depends on "why" someone is vegan in the first place. I did it for my health -- not because of animal rights or anything like that. Being vegetarian has economical and ethical advantages, which are just bonuses in my book.|||I am vegan and I try to promote veganism as much as possible. It is a better choice for our environment. It reduces global warming.Vegans consume 20 times less energy for their food than carnivors. Secondly it is a healthier choice. Animal based diet has no fiber and it does nothing than plug up your artheries and cause several diseases. Most importantly is is a kinder choice to our animal friends that we share our planet. Billions of animals suffer to become our food every year. I am not trying to impose my opinion onto others. I am just providing the facts. People are being bombarded with meat and dairy ads 24 hours a day. In fact Vegans are de-programming you from all the evil of these companies. It is an obligation of a person to report or stop cruelty. Plant based food is much kinder choice in all aspects of life.
Feel free to reach me.
firstsimba@aol.com|||No one knew I was vegan till I found out I had a vegan coworker, then I shared it and it got out thru word of mouth. What's wrong with sharing though?

I'm going to make your statement generic now to show you how ridiculous it is:

"Have you ever met someone who enjoyed something that didn't mention they enjoyed something? They always let you know how long they've enjoyed it, they can't have a conversation without sharing things about it that they enjoy, and they can't go through the day without criticizing something someone else enjoys. It's so annoying."

So that pretty much summed up most our society. Why you bring this to us, you think we give a **** what some guy said to you? Someone who we don't know?

By your standards I should go to the butcher shop tomorrow and rant about crazy meat eaters who always come to the vegetarian and vegan section whining to me about random people we have nothing to do with. Cause guess what? It happens weekly and you're nothing special. So get over it :)|||I believe that the people you are referring to are a select few. They probably feel insecure about themselves because, let's be honest, being vegan is not exactly the "popular" thing to do. Many people don't understand veganism and put vegans down for their lifestyle. Being a vegan, I know I go through this a lot. It's easy to feel insecure when you are not part of the norm. Some vegans will try to go out of their way to prove to others that veganism is great & wonderful, and sometimes go a little overboard and preachy. I choose to keep it to myself, personally. I am a vegan simply to make myself happy - that's it. I know I'm doing the right thing for my body and for the earth. I'm not going to try to convince others that I'm right & they're wrong! That's not going to accomplish much. I think my weight loss, much improved health, and plentiful energy will speak for itself.|||Because its something to be proud of, a lot a vegans choose to be vegan for ethical reasons as well as health reasons I expect you brag about things you are proud of too. Also depending on the social situation they are in it's important to let people know as a lot of places don't always cater for vegans.|||I reckon it's a common side effect of becoming a vegan, the self righteous holier than thou preachy superiority complex.

If people choose to become vegan that's great well done those who choose this life path,, just don't force it onto others...... of course there are many wise vegans who also choose to keep it to themselves these are the type of people who truly deserve respect.|||people i know who are vegan dont brag about it. they tell you there vegan because theres some food simply cant have like milk,eggs ect|||One of the reasons I come on to YA is so I can discuss veganism without someone twisting their face and rolling their eyes, but I guess I can't even get away with it here.

I bet there are people who stalk the vegans on here who haven't even met a vegan face to face, but they still think they know everything about us.

Stop generalising people's personalities just because they happen to make the same choice about what they eat.

Also, being a vegan is a massive part of someones life. Everywhere you go you're faced with choices from your food, drink and clothes down to what cleaning product you buy, so it's little wonder that it's on people's minds alot, especially since almost all public places involve one of the above.

It's also only something you can do if you're very passionate about it, so it can be quite vexing to see your best friend stuffing KFC down their throats.|||I agree 100%, veg.gal. (:

Well, I guess you haven't met me. I'm vegan (I'm only saying this for purposes of answering this question though, haha), and I have friends who didn't know for months. I don't talk about it, but if someone else brings it up, I answer their questions and I will tell them the "horror stories" about factory farming if they ask.

Being vegan is for me. It's a personal thing. There's one other vegan in the entire school that I ever really get into discussions about it with. Otherwise it's just the typical conversation when they find out.

"You don't eat meat?"
"No."
"Not even fish?"
"Nope."
"Do you eat cake?"
"Vegan cake."
etc...|||When you go vegan you give up alot of things you might like.. You have to consider everything that goes into your body even down to Vitamins... I imagine and Correct me if I wrong I like constructive criticism Its like an achievement like losing 50 pounds because you gave up Sweets. Or I haven't had a Cigarette in over a year.. People naturally want to be proud of their achievements..|||You are stereotyping. I'm not saying this to be mean, but unless you've met every vegan in the world you shouldn't
make such a broad sweeping generalization. Imagine
how you would feel if I started off a question with," Why do
meat eaters......

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment