Saturday, March 3, 2012

I haven't tried raw veganism but my wife and I have been doing Fuhrman's Eat To Live diet for about a month. I've dropped from 220 down to 205. My wife has gone from 130 to 124.

I don't know much about raw veganism but I can tell you about Eat To Live. Fuhrman's philosophy is to eat mainly foods that give you the most possible nutrients, vitamins, and minerals for the fewest possible calories. His book lists the most common type of foods and assigns nutritional values to each, between 100 and 0. The more food you eat at the top (closer to 100), the more nutrition and the fewer calories you get. The foods that are closer to 0 give you more calories and less nutrition. Naturally, the foods that have the highest nutrient density are vegetables, followed by fruits, nuts and grains.

I don't know if raw veganism makes any distinctions about nutrient values. Maybe someone else can answer that one for you.

I've been following the Eat to Live program about 90 percent of the time for the last month or so. I fill up as much on the high nutrient value foods as I can. But I still eat burgers (had 3 last week) fries, chicken and other food I love too - just not as often as I used to.I also love a glass of red wine a couple times a week. So I don't feel I'm depriving myself, and I never feel hungry.

Eat To Live isn't for everyone. You need a certain amount of discipline, but there's no counting calories, totaling up points or measuring portions. And no hunger. Does it work? Absolutely, if you follow the guidelines. Will it work for someone who's already willing to be a vegan? Probably like gangbusters.

Check out the review below if you want to read about it in more detail.|||You may as well eat broken glass as try either of those diets.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment