Friday, February 3, 2012

why veganism? why???
is says on the bible that animals are supposed to be eaten. the BIBLE!!!
mind you its not a bad a thing. all the more animals for me!!!|||it also says not to judge others but you obviously skipped that part :)|||Genesis 1:29 states clearly that when God made the world he made it vegan, and gave us the green vegetables to eat as "meat." Now, that doesn't just mean vegetables, as I'm sure you'd protest, but it means that all non-animal products are our food. This was only changed after The Great Flood.

Report Abuse

|||How many people read the Bible? Honestly, the Bible states that people are supposed to respect their mothers and father, stay faithful, not hold anything more important than God, etc. So... we're all going to hell, and are all full of sin. Oh well....
No offense, but I'd rather "rebel against the Bible" by saving an animal, than to commit adultery!

P.S. I don't believe I ever read anywhere in the Bible where it comments that we're created to eat meat?|||well, think about it. before man sinned, there was no need to eat animals, or use their skins for clothing. in either Genesis 1:29 or Genesis 1:19, it says that God made all the plants for us to eat. then, man sinned, and God had to cast them out of the garden of eden. they had to have clothes, so God killed an animal for its skin. so therefore. . .meat-eating is a product of sin, if you really think about it. besides, animals were here before we were.|||Average Joe, humans are omnivores - we have the OPTION of eating meat.

Life is too precious to take unnecessarily.|||Yes, perhaps animals are supposed to be eaten, but none the less, they are god's creatures. They should be treated with respect. I am a vegetarian because many people treat their animals inhumanely. It's just my way to protest.|||it was a misprint at the publishers|||ok, but did it EVER cross your mind that not all vegans are Christian!? its a personal choice. i would never force my beliefs on anybody, but i guess you took the whole "free speech" liberty and ran with it. each to their own i guess.... whatever, but now you know where i stand on this issue|||Why should a vegan who is not christian listen to what the bible says?

The bible is not fact. So it doesn't prove anything.

Most people are vegans because they don't believe animals should be exploited for our use. And because they hate the way animals are killed.|||God also says to treat your body as a temple, not pollute it with McDonald's and other such garbage. God also says not to eat shellfish and pork but look at how many people love that stuff. God says a lot of things that no one listens to. Veganism is a lot closer to the ideal than the way most Americans live today. We're supposed to be taking care of God's creation and look how we raise zombie animals in factory farms and waste so much.|||The question here does imply by the word 'bible' being in capital letters that the questioner does believe in it, but so what. I am sick of people that think they are all open minded and non judgemental saying stuff like 'I'm free do to what I want, we don't all believe in the bible, who are you to tell me what I should believe...' it goes on like that really. Well, I think to those people get a life. Ok, you want to debate and discuss stuff but you are on this world wide website, so you are obviously going to get different people. And maybe they think the same of you! This guy was asking a question that's what we're here for after all!

I am vegan, I do not have an eating problem, I am overweight and like not to be a plastic size 8 barbie doll! Being vegan can mean you eat more calories. Just because we don't eat meat eggs or dairy or anything from animals, doesn't mean we only eat vegetables. There are so many vegan cakes and stuff, people just think we live on carrots, not true, I can eat pretty much everything everyone else does, veggie sausage, burgers, ham slices, cream cheese, mince, chocolate....

The reason that some vegans take it really extreme and serious (like myself) is because the only way to have any kind of say in this world is not by your vote (which won't even count if they don't want it to anyway) it's by what you buy. The more people buy something the more people sell it. It's not rocket science. Although some can think 'oh if I don't buy this or that it's not gonna make a difference' well it does when everyone that thinks that does it. It also creates and promotes the types of ethical industries that are around today and that would not be if people hadn't objected in some kind of way, made a stand and said, NO.

That's how things get changed in this world, protest not voting! Look back in history, it's all in the people. If enough people make a stand and come together and persivere it can make things happen! We have equal rights, human rights, woman can work etc...|||http://meat.org|||No,it doesn't,it says that they are allowed to be eaten,but not until AFTER the flood,it was allowed as part of man's fallen humanity.The only time G-D told us what to eat was in the garden of eden.In the Garden of Eden,G-d's perfect world,they were vegetarian,because nothing died.|||Veganism yes the bible states they should be eaten, but I cant hack it because I imagine them running around. YUK|||if its not OK 2 kill human then why is it OK 2 kill animals?, because we have guns???? no its wrong period.|||not everyone believes in the bible. most vegans are such because of their feelings toward animals, usually how animals are treated|||because MEAT is pumped with all sorts of **** that the meat industry wont even tell us about, because if they did, nobody would eat it. thats why!|||Answer me this? What are Christianity and the Bible supposed to be built on? Love, kindness, peace, and understanding, that's what. Guess what? Your Bible also says "Thou shalt not kill" and it doesn't specify only people or mankind. It says that life is precious and should be revered as a gift from God. Again, no specification. You are a hypocrit if you believe that animals are lower than people just because you have an ipod, live in a house instead of a field, and know how to read a book full of fantasy stories. What is the difference between you and a cow other than you are a little more technologically adept? Nothing. Wake up! You are an animal, too. All animals have nerves. They feel pain. When they are slowly bleeding to death, I'll bet you anything that they are afraid just like you were at one time when you were little and didn't understand what was happening.
As to why people becomes vegetarians or vegans: It's our business! Some people do because of the health factors. Others, like me, do it because we don't believe that there is any difference between slaughtering "livestock" and murdering a person. People need to learn that it is our right to choose. I make a point of not pushing my beliefs on people who don't want to know because I realize that it's their personal choice. (I'm not pushing you now, I'm giving you my opinion which you asked for by asking this question.) It's your choice to eat meat and I won't tell you that you're wrong for doing that even though I believe it. What did you choose to wear this morning? Do you like to have coffee in the morning? Won't you consider that your perogative and a part of the life that you have chosen to lead? Well, it's my CHOICE to be what I am and that is someone who doesn't condone mass killing because "it's written in the Bible" or because intolerant people like you tell me that I'm going against God or garbage like that. Learn how to respect people and their wishes and you will be doing more service to the Christian belief than shoveling a bunch of idiotic drivel in their faces.|||Shame on you!

Using God's name to propel a debate over a subject you feel defensive about.

I love thy neighbour, i love all creatures great and small. I choose not to have animals murdered for my gain as I am evolved and intelligent enough not to have to behave in a cave man like manner. Although stating that there is much evidence to prove cave men were vegetarian.

Take a moment to imagine having to murder a dog or cat or your own pet. Skinning them, gutting them, draining the blood, i shaln't go on as I do not wish to cause others offense but you get the idea, i doubt you could do it. It's oh so easy to go down your local supermarket and buy a frozen slice of a dead mashed and chopped up cow's stomach and lable it mince, bet you dont even think about the way they have been treated or slaughtered when you eat it.

Yet you probably call yourself a christian! A christian doesn't pose such blasphemous and unGodly questions just to provoke a response. You are a sick man!|||ummm no actually the bible DOES NOT SAY "eat animals"
Adam and eve did not eat meat and then she ate the apple and that's when the sin all started animals are NOT meant to be eaten you mango!!!|||Yes but the Bible is full of all sorts of outdated old codswallop like "never wear clothing made from two yarns", I bet you don't follow that one to the letter!

In light of this, I shall probably go to hell; my top is 80% viscose and 20% elastane (God forbid!), and I must surely be punished for the sheer wickedness of wearing jeans that are 70% cotton and 30% polyester! Oh please spare me from such sins!

Sorry but if you're going to use the pathetic "but the Bible says......" excuse then you have to take the rough with the smooth missy. You either argue with the whole Bible in all its ficticious splendour and with all the nonsense bits left in, or not a single word of it.|||Try this one-............|||Another troll.What makes you think we are all Christians or Jews or Muslims?I'm not and so the Bible means nothing to me.

And can someone please explain to me why Christians eat pork and shellfish and other none-Kosher food?Nowhere in the New Testament does it say the ancient Jewish Kosher laws don't need to be followed anymore!|||You are a liar and making that up. What passage sais that you have to kill and torment living things?
Besides, if the bible says that it's right to murder living things, then the bible is evil, like you. I think with my own head, and I wouldn't eat my pets, so why eat another animal just because I don't know them?

Factory farming is treating animals so bad and feeding them such cr*p that no wonder we have mad cow's disease.
Buy a cows heart, you don't have one.|||I am an ovolactovegetarian which means I eat eggs and milk products but not meat. I simply prefer that, it's nothing to do with animal rights or anything. And I am healthy.My dietary choices are in no way an attack on your lifestyle and I would thank you to accord others the same respect.

However, I do find veganism (rejecting all animal products, not only in food, but clothing and any other form) to be extreme.

Veganism seems often to be either a cover for eating disorders (many vegans have a history of anorexia or bulimia) or the need for a "cause." I frequent a very good recipe website called "Vegweb" which also has a discussion forum. There is a thread there about eating disorders in which many admitted having this problem. I think it's easier to say "I don't eat animal products" than it is to admit "I have trouble eating anything at all."

One of the articles recommended on this site (taken from another site) discusses "purity". In this sense, veganism seems to me to be a sort of "replacement" for religion, or a creed, if you will. Many of the vegans I know reject mainstream religions of any kind, and yet their lives revolve around animal rights, cruelty, PETA-type campaigns etc. In a a very real sense, their veganism has become their religion.

I would never be a vegan, because it seems extreme, expensive and unhealthy to me. I enjoy the feedback on this particular website, but I also notice that they encourage non-vegan vegetarians to "make the transition"--almost like "going to the next level" in a religion.

We all have reasons for what we do or don't eat, and Paul himself says in Romans 14 that we should not judge others by what they eat, NOR should we "make them stumble" by forcing them to eat something they don't want. He also says that meat-eaters are no better nor any worse than those who eat only vegetables:
14:3 "The man who eats everything ****must not look down on him who does not****, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand."

So go ahead and eat meat if that's your choice. Mine is to eat vegetables, milk products and eggs. It's a choice.|||hey elliot. heres your meat being prepared for you. take a look please. im sure you will enjoy it
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?鈥?/a>|||I fully agree with Barrowman. Also, are you aware that plants respond to pain?

My husband was a total joker and got his sister who is a very strict vegan to the stage where she almost wouldn't eat when she was a teenager! All he did was show her the relevant scientific papers. I can still hear my very formidable mother-in-law screaming his name out when he started up at the table!|||It is time we took a stand against the unnecessary and wanton killing and cooking of vegetables as food. What have runner beans ever done to you? Were you ever frightened by broccoli? Did a potato cause you a fright? No well just consider their feelings. Onions cry you know and beetroots bleed. The poor carrot being stripped of its skin feels pain and what about grated garlic? Eat meat and leave vegetables alone.|||Humans are neither carnivores or herbivores (ie vegans), they are omnivores, therefore, we are meant to eat both, but much less meat than is commonly consumed in America.|||I say eat what ever the hell you want ,i grow so tired of people telling me what i should be eating|||I agree... if God didn't want us to eat animals, then He wouldn't have made them out of meat.

EDIT... man, you guys can not take a joke... and a note to Greensleigh... I am not saying this about you because you don't talk about how you treat people... but, even though I think the health and welfare of animals are important, I have a hard time with vegans who have so much to say about the plight of animals in this world without discussing the plight of humans in this world. Personally, if my actions could either save 1000 animals OR 1 person, I would have to choose the person.|||Agreed! I know that some people are upset with eating animals, but I never saw the reasoning behind that.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment