Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just out of curiosity more than anything, do any vegans out there have family who are absolutly shocked or even repulsed when it comes to your dietary choices? I know I get really tired of explaining my choices for veganism, and defending myself over and over. How do you deal with it?|||I am a vegetarian on the road to being vegan, but yes, I deal with this often. I used to deal with it daily, but it has cooled down after a while. My family believes that flesh is the only source of protein and that milk and cheese are the only sources of calcium. I usually try to explain to them about the benefits of a vegetarian/vegan diet and lifestyle, but I still get the feeling that they do not understand. They always make it out to sound as though I am making it up or reading invalid information. Personally, I think that they are just not ready to accept the facts, and their guilt tries to develop ways into pretending that eating flesh is ok. When I go to the store, I have to read every label, and that drives them beyond mad. The only way that I deal with it is to just ignore it or politely tell them to mind their business. When people always question why I am a vegetarian, I ask them why they eat meat. Does it matter? I don't understand why diet offends so many people. I guess new ideas are threatening to some. It gets annoying and sometimes makes me want to snap, but I just keep it in my mind that it is their personal choice to dislike my diet and that they obviously do not understand where I am coming from. There is no use getting angry and upset at people who are ignorant to this concept. Perhaps they will realize someday that it is the better road to take, but until then, just ignore their comments. You know in your heart that this is right, and that is all that matters!|||IM with you
My parents Hate veganism|||Well i麓m trying to become a vegebut my parents disagree they say i need proteins and where the hell am i going to get them but when i麓m 18 i麓ll really turn a vege i don麓t like eating animals:O(|||My daughter was a vegan for several years. In fact she convinced me to become a vegetarian. It wasn't until her hair started falling out that she decided milk and cheese were OK. 10 years later we are still both vegetarians. Sometimes even being a vegetarian bothers people and you have to explain yourself.|||Yes, I know how you feel. It's funny because I never even bring it up, but it seems like it's everyone else who wants to discuss my reasons then pounce when they disagree. Oh well, just stick to your beliefs. As long as you aren't hurting anyone else I don't feel it's anyone else's business.|||Tell me about it !!!

My mother used to take my kids out more often when they ate what she calls "normal food" but now that we are all vegan well I guess it's too much work for her to take them out since there's hardly any vegan restaurants here (Puerto Rico) and that would mean cooking aside just for them etc. She says tofu is nasty cause it's slimy and smells funny and she just can't cook it. Also her husband is always making idiotic jokes and comments about how tasty meat is and how good it's for you.

How do I deal with it ? I honestly don't know. But the funny thing is I'm an only child, so when the old hag needs to be taken care of her menu options are going to include lots of gooey tofu.|||omg tell me about it!!!

my parents wont let me because of my ion levels. i hate eating meat =[

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment