Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What do you think about the idea of Vegetarianism and Veganism?

Have you ever considered going Vegan/Vegetarian?
If yes, Did you? If no, why?

Also, What do you think of people who are Vegan/Vegetarian?|||I am a "loose vegetarian", which also includes organic, free-range eggs and very limited organic dairy (plain cultured Greek yogurt) in my diet. I also eat very little grain foods (no gluten, period) or non-fruit/veggie sugars (I prefer to eat more different veggies, nuts, seeds, and to a lesser degree fruits, along with more natural fats, in their place).

I am sure that the militants out there will give me a BIG THUMBS DOWN for this, but it has worked awesomely for me for 25+ years. (At age 46, I am 6ft2in, still 180 pounds, a very lean 8-9% body fat, in perfect health, and look 20 years younger than what I am).

I have no problem with anyone's lifestyle dietary choices, as long as that person isn't militant about it, elitist about it, and resorts to spreading biased misinformation, which is based on their own nutritional ignorance and lack of proper research (such as worshiping at the altar of the thoroughly debunked "China Study" or failed "Lipid Hypothesis").

There is more than one road to a desired destination. Choose the one that suits you, and works for you.|||I am a vegan and I think it's the only way to be! I can't imagine ever eating any animal products again. I know that I'm healthier this way and that it's better for the environment and most importantly that I'm not contributing to the needless cruelty to animals.

Years ago when I was still a meat eater I was curious about vegetarians, but I think I thought, like a lot of meat eaters do, that it would be really difficult to do - it isn't!

I do think that one day everyone will be vegan and we will look back at the fact that we used to eat meat and wonder how we could have ever done it.



"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." - Albert Einstein
.|||I think it's a really good thing if you have the self-control and willpower to do it.
I'm a Vegetarian.

I became a vegetarian when I saw a documentary of a slaughterhouse. Those images were sickening, and they will never, ever leave my mind. Cows were hanging upside down with their throats slit while they were still awake, just bleeding to death. Turkeys were being stomped on & thrown full force at walls. No living thing should EVER have to go through that, and from that day, I became a vegetarian, and I've stuck with it completely.

I went vegetarian for ethical reasons, but I've felt much better health-wise, and I've felt better about myself for sticking with it, because people said it's just "a phase" but it's something I strongly believe in & I'd never go back to eating meat(:

I'm not the kind of person to shove my beliefs down other people's throats, but I really wish more people would at least consider vegetarianism/veganism.|||I respect it, it usually takes a spiritual person to live a lifestyle like that. I come from a family of vegetarians but am an omnivore myself.

I have considered it and gone without it many times, but I am an omnivore by choice, i know it may seem gruesome and I apologize for saying it so openly in this section. But I'd rather be truthful and honest.

I do have a lot of respect for vegetarians/vegans though, and their compassion for animals. I truly think they are wonderful people.|||Hi sweetheart, You sound as though you are an inquisitive, open-minded person to at least pursue this avenue and I applaud you for this! For me, I have been a vegetarian for over 25 years and have tried the vegan thing at times, but can't quite do without my dairy and, to be honest, cannot see that taking milk and eggs from animals harms them any in any manner as long as the animals are treated humanely. I raise my own chicken (only have one) so I know that she gets love, so what else would I do with her eggs??? LOL As for milk, I love soy milk, cow milk, almond milk, and rice milk, cream, cheese, yogurt, but being a vegetarian, I feel that I need the dairy in order to help maintain my weight (I'm older and quite thin), protein, calcium, and overall health. I know about eating beans & greens (every day), there's NO veggie I don't adore, and love all soy, but nothing is much better than an omelet with a little extra sharp cheddar, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, etc....yum. Whatever you decide, vegan or vegetarian, I recommend, begin as a vegetarian, then try the vegan versions of cheeses, because some are very good. You grow into the vegan mode, sweetie, at least that's my guess. Maybe you got more than you came for from me. If so, my apologies, as Kurt Cobain said...haha Hugs and best of health from, messenger for goddess P.S. It's easier one step at a time, giving up the red meat, then the next step, add tofu or soymilk, one day at a time.. Hugs from, messenger for goddess|||i personally am not a big fan of meat and i wanted to be a vegetarian but in my house im not allowed to. i have three vegetarian friends and one of my teachers is a vegan. my friends are all really skinny and get sick easily and one is anorexic and my teacher is always really tiered and sleepy.
i dont think that in younger people is should be allowed because you need everything in order to keep yourself strong but for adults its there choice. i dont mind vegans/vegies but it can get a bit out of hand sometimes.
hope it helps :)|||While weight was not my motivation, it's a great way to eat healthy. In America the average person eats way too much red meat in a week, and most of that is covered in grease. If you make sure you get enough protein, iron, etc, you can be very healthy. Also it forces you to eat veggies (that's good for you). I lost 15 pounds.
I am a vegetarian, because I feel no one life is greater than another. I am no better or worse than a pig or fish. The reason we eat them is because animals cannot defend themselves. Also I have been scarred by internet videos supposedly from PETA of living conditions for livestock.
I do eat eggs and dairy. While I will never know how they were obtained, I feel like I have to keep these in my diet to be healthy. Also eggs were NEVER alive, and cows get mad if they aren't milked (their utters get sore)|||I think it's very safe, and a great way to stop supporting factory farming.

Yea, I am vegetarian. :)

I think it's awesome people can become vegetarian:)

Robyn; they're obviously not getting enough vitamins or nurtients they need..they should take multivitamin pills and eat more of something they're not getting enough of; like starch or protein. And being vegan/vegetarian doesn't make you tired... at least it shouldn't. lol :o|||I'm a Vegan, I'm not a kid and I do know where food comes from. Animals being killed "Humanely" is a completely nonsensical term because we would not treat a human that way (it usually involves horrendous amounts of pain and mental anguish).

I have an IQ of 150 and a 1st class honors degree so anyone who says that Vegans aren't smart doesn't know very many.
People who believe that being Vegan is more cruel than eating animals are trying to convince themselves of this so that they can justify their own horrendous actions, and anyone who believes it is unhealthy should do some serious research to find the truth.|||i'm vegetarian.

we dont eat harmless animals who have done NOTHING to us for the sake of our taste buds.

not to mention we already have veggies that we eat and have no right eating other beings.

why dont you take a good long hard look at this video. what if that was you or your family? just amagine if some higher being found us humans and wanted to do something because were just ( animals) to them. put your self in there shoes for once. watch this video

lol i got 1 thumbs down...i take it nobody watched the video.......because if you did and still dont bealive me then you have no heart...sorry to say.



http://youtu.be/ILG-0r9iyos


also look up onision on youtube. he's also a proud vegetarian who will tell you we have healthy foods besides meat. by not eating meat we are doing our bodys a favor as well as animals who love there family. oh and did you know pigs have been proven to be smarter then dogs? bet you dident know that.|||Vegan power!

Veg*ns are awesome, that's what I think. :)|||I love being a vegan and would never go back.|||My opinion? That they're mostly kids who don't have a clue about where their food comes from.

Have I ever considered? No. Because it's not a healthy diet. Any diet that requires lots of fake supplements is not a healthy diet, IMO.

What do I think of them? They're not very smart, easily led by people wanting to sell them memberships, food, tshirts, etc. They pretend their diet is "cruelty free", but actually it's much more cruel. The animals killed for human consumption are killed in the most humane manner possible (by law) under the watchful eye of USDA inspectors. Animals are chopped up, crippled, wounded in the fields by the big farm equipment planting and harvesting the veggies and grains that veg*ns depend on to live. (Or drowned in rice patties.)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment