Friday, February 3, 2012

This is a serious question, no mocking please.

I'm just interested in how veganism can relate to religion.|||Interesting question.

I'm a Catholic. And a vegan. In the Book of Genesis we start out as vegetarians. God gives us all the vegetation we care to consume.

The animals are our companions at that point.

Then we fall into sin. God's got to chastise us. Along comes Noah and the flood. At that point food becomes scarce so God tells Noah to go ahead and eat the animals.

But it comes with a price. The animals will now hate and fear us.

Fast forward to the Book of Isaiah. Isaiah prophesies (it's pronounced prophesEE not prophesEYE) about the New Heaven and New Earth. Where the Lion will lie down with the Lamb. We will no longer eat meat. Not even those "designed" to be carnivores.

Why wait? Let's show God we can live his way NOW!

As a Franciscan, the general constitutions of my order state that I must live sustainably. That I must live in such a way so as NOT to destroy my planet or exploit God's creation or his creatures in any way.

I think we're about 50/50 as to Franciscans who do and don't equate that to veganism or vegetarianism.

I'm with you on the milk thing. A dairy cow's life expectancy is 1/3 what it would normally be if she were not drained of her life every single day. If she did not repeatedly have her offspring torn away from her and murdered. That's why I had to give up milk and cheese.|||I really like that response. Im not christian, but its still awesome!

Report Abuse

|||Jainism promotes veganism.|||I'M NOT RELIGIOUS AT ALL, BUT CHOOSE TO LET OTHER LIVING BEINGS LIVE. I DO EAT CHEESE, MILK, EGGS, SO I GUESS I'M NOT AN EXTREMIST ABOUT IT, TO BE HONEST. I WAS SITTING ONE NIGHT EATING A PIZZA, WITH THE WORKS. I WAS WATCHING THE TUBE AND SAW AN ARTICLE ON THE NEWS WHERE OTHER COUNTRIES EAT DOGS, I THOUGHT HOW AWFUL ARE THESE PEOPLE CRAZY? THEN I THOUGHT WELL IN INDIA, THEY WOULDN'T EAT A HAMBURGER IF THEY HAD TO TAKE A BULLET IF THEY DIDN'T.

I FEEL ANIMALS HAVE SOULS ALSO, I DON'T FEEL WE ARE EXCEPTIONAL IN THAT FACT. WE WOULD LIKE TO THINK WE ARE SUPREME, BUT I'VE SEEN DOGS CRY, AND I'VE SEEN THEM HAPPY, I'VE SEEN THEM SAD, AND I'VE SEEN THE CONFUSED, I'VE ALSO SEEN THEM LONELY. THEY HAVE FEELINGS, ISN'T THAT THE SAME WITH ALL THE ANIMALS WE WITH???

IN BIBLICAL TERMS ONLY HUMANS GO TO HEAVEN, BUT IF THAT'S THE CASE, IN WHICH I QUESTION RELIGION, I'D RATHER GO TO HELL. IT WOULDN'T BE HEAVEN TO ME WITHOUT ANIMALS, INCLUDING THE HUMAN SPECIES...........|||Buddhism and Hinduism I suppose...
for me, I'm a Christian, so it doesn't really interfere even though the bible says it's okay to eat fish.|||none it it

lipa|||i don't know man, i guess i just beleive in karma|||Veganism is basically abotu being kind and having compassion,so I also try and practice that in my everyday life,not just my diet.But I don't follow any religion or go to a church.|||One of the main things that attracted me to Buddhism
a couple years ago was the respect for all life. I became
a vegan before becoming a Buddhist's but I think they
go hand in hand. In the past I found religions morally
objectionable. This one works for me.

It is nice to see several Christians like Max Marie
and Jessica who do not share the dominionists
attitudes that are very common among believers
that I encounter.|||In Judaism, Kashrut Laws have strict regulations on certain types of meat you can and can't eat, so being vegan or vegetarian just eliminates any confusion or stress in abiding by these laws.|||IN HIDUISM KILLING OF ANIMAL IS PROHIBITED

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment