Tuesday, February 21, 2012

(besides a great big "VEGAN PEACE" billboard, with lots of nice looking vegetables or peace flowers?)|||i'm really handsome and buff, so i'm gonna get a tatoo that says.,

VEGAN, in bold large letters, on my back, and i'll stop wearing a shirt so people'll know what's good|||Calm down. Do NOT preach. Do not assume that your way is better. Do not stand on your soapbox. I don't cram "eat meat" down your throat and you piss me off when you cram "Go Veg" down mine.

If you want people to take you seriously than you have to come across as rationale, sane and serious.
Treat people with respect no matter if their views are different than yours or not.

I am intelligent enough to grasp the concept that refined foods are bad for me. I can understand that eating red meat every day is not good for my heart. However, what I choose to eat is my business, not yours. And as far as the whole "don't eat animals" agenda. I disagree with you and nothing you can do or say will change my mind. For as much as it would piss you off for me to go on about "what about the farmers and ranchers, etc... and all the other pro-meat arguments, it pisses me off for you to go on and on about the anti-meat eating arguments.

You totally have to be able to argue from the other side if you ever want to get your point across.

By the way, the answer right below me is one example of why vegans piss people off.|||You will be wasting your energy no matter what you do. People who eat meat are rarely willing to even consider it, and cannot be swayed otherwise. Most are completely closed minded on the subject, spouting off ridiculous things about being "designed" to eat meat, controling over population of animals, having incisor teeth, and all other manner of nonsense that if they chose to listen, could be explained. You would be better off trying to reason sobriety to a drunk. Not going to work until they wrap their brain around it, which is not going to happen if they are already drinking. The best thing to do, is when people ask you for LEGITIMATE help and info, to give them the best advice you can. I like to think that the many posts I make here have are thought provoking enough to perhaps get the message across to a few people. People are rarely tolerant of ideas that are not the same as their own. I wont be a bit surprised to post this, go view other answers to this question, and find the veggie bashers nailing you already|||yeah thanks a lot for your thoughts BlueSea or whatever your name is...
i think the internet is always the best place for 'spreading awareness' - maybe you could write a blog or something?

+ in my xperience vegetarians (like me) are always willing to hear a vegan's point of view

i think paul mccartney was a vegan if you want some famous people|||i think the best way to get information out nowadays is through the internet. create a website, myspace, or some sort of forum, bulletin board, or blog where people can post information about being vegan. be prepared to get a lot of criticism though, because people are often not ready to accept others who have different diets and beliefs. people love to judge and discriminate, whether it's against blacks, hispanics, asians, women, gays & lesbians, or vegetarians and vegans. many assume that they and only they know what's right. know that you will not be able to change many people's opinions and make it clear that you are just putting information out there to help people, not preaching and try to convert. also, since a lot of people look up to celebrities and famous people, try finding a list of famous vegans to put on your website or blog or whatever. good tasting recipes are always good too. best of luck!|||You have to be an example of a person that people find good/honest/compassionate, etc... People generally respect others if they see those qualities. Then some might be interested in learning for their own knowledge.

Generally people will be interested in learning something if they want to. Although there are people who say they saw those factory farm videos and didn't know anything about it and then some of them changed their lifestyle. However I would suspect many or most are just offended.

I saw a long video of the raccoon dog fur trade (they've talked about this on the TV news somewhat recently), and it was quite gross. One person who also was watching was like "I don't believe this is real." It's kind of odd to see such reactions to live video of reality.

Some people do not want to know of the true reality happening, while others ignore it. It doesn't mean people have to change themselves, but it would be nice if people at least understood what was happening in the world. Humans can lack compassion, and they are one of the few animals that plot and scheme to humiliate, injure, and kill others for reasons beyond survival.|||I agree with Hayley and Jessica the internet is the best way. I have links on my myspace page for people to use so they can get information.|||I would do a poll at work of 100 people and ask them :-
1) Have you heard of veganism?
2) What do you know about being a vegan? Just to guage awareness.

I would give a presentation to these 100 people with a lunch buffet in between, except I would use analogs and do some purely vegetable dishes. I would leave at lunch time to not arouse suspicion. I would then tell people that our catering staff wanted them to fill in a 'happy sheet' about the buffet. I would send a volunteer of my own to collate the info.I would do an overview and a quiz. Lastly I would tell them that they had been eating entirely vegan foods and have someone video their reaction.|||Why would you want to do that? Leave people alone and let them decide what is best for them.I have been vegan for years, but don't walk around lecturing and trying to brain wash others.If anybody asks me something, I respond, but if you want to be respected for your choice, you have to accept others for their choice. By the end of the day, you might do more harm and put all vegans into a wrong light by become an annoyance to everyone.|||Check out Vegan Outreach's essays on advocacy: http://www.veganoutreach.org/advocacy/in鈥?/a> and their Adopt-A-College leafleting program: http://www.veganhealth.org/colleges/

PETA has a website about how to get active: http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/

Leafleting in your community (at concerts, festivals, special events, etc) is a great way to spread the message. Posting videos on YouTube and other video sites is also effective.. there are tons of videos at http://www.petatv.com/ that you can post online (they're not copyrighted). Good luck and thanks for wanting to get active!

火车采集器
  • textfree pinger
  • billy elliot san francisco
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment