Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I just want the negative aspect !
I'm doing a persuasive presentation |||Well, it's unhealthy in some ways because you miss a lot of protein. You'd probably more hungry after a meal.

The social negatives are the fact that every time you go to a friend's house they have to make something special for you to eat. Plus going out to do simple things, like watch a football game, are harder because probably many of those stores don't sell tofu or stuff, just hot dogs.

Okay I'm extending my answer now I just looked it up, you might want to try this site
http://www.socyberty.com/Lifestyle-Choic鈥?/a>

Whew that's a mouthful isn't it! Also, I think being vegan gets you more attracted to sweet foods to fill that space where the meat has been. Usually vegan meals are less satisfying.

But the worse thing of all, you CAN'T EAT MARSHMALLOWS! Gasp!

Okay I'm adding this later on- Guys! She said list the negative affects of Vegan-ism! It's for a report! As I said down there I too am thinking of become a vegetarian! So don't get all mad at me!|||The only way you will lack protein is if you don't eat right. Just like with non vegans, if you don't eat a balanced diet you don't get what you need. Luckily, with being vegan, you get the HEALTHY version of all the stuff you need (ex: cow's milk protein actually can leach the calcium outta your body, and is more likely to cause things like kidney stones).
So that argument goes right out the window.

I'm vegan. To me the only true negative thing about being vegan is that I can't just go get a quick meal somewhere. Wendy's does have a "veg sandwich" (just like a burger, but with no meat or mayo or cheese, so just tomato and onion and pickles and ketchup and mustard). And I do not live in a vegan friendly area, so not many restaurants have actually vegan meals, like tofu based things.
Also, people ask a lot of questions. I really don't mind that... but.. it's the rude or ignorant ones that get me. And those people that think it isn't healthy. Ugh. I do find that I repeat myself a lot, too.
Then what do I eat they ask... and I usually say something like "All the good stuff", or "everything else". A lot of people do not understand there are MANY alternatives to meat and dairy and such.
So yeah, 2 negative affects of veganism are lack of convenience foods (which is actually kinda good, gets you cooking for yourself and paying more attention to what you put in your body) and ignorant/stupid people.
Good luck!!!|||Negative aspects do exist, but i've never had a problem with protein or not feeling full after meals, as has been suggested.

Sometimes, teasing and the same repetitive questions get tiresome after a while: e.g. how do you get any calcium? If we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made of meat? What if plants have feelings? etc. These are usually more to do with baiting and getting an emotional reaction than getting any genuine facts, and it's sometimes a little dispiriting. But these type of questions tend to say more about the people asking than about me.

As someone else has mentioned, not having vegan food readily when going out sometimes renders things a challenge. Restaurant menus can "lie" sometimes, with animal products on the dish that aren't on the menu description, and servers and chefs may not be clued up sometimes.

However, these are very minor irritations in the big scheme of thing. With a little strong will and character, and a tendency to ask for exactly what you want, you can always find solutions to these things. The benefits far far, outweight the cons. Unless I can somehow never find sufficient plant foods, I hope and think I'll be vegan for life.|||Health-wise: None, everyone I've ever known and their grandmother tells me how much healthier I look on a daily basis. However, I am a nutritionist, so I am extremely aware of the foods I should be eating. If someone is a vegan, but eats vegan junk food (yes, there is such a thing) all day, they might get sick - and then ignorant people go: "It's because they eat a vegan diet" instead of recognizing that eating junk is bad no matter what kind of diet one subscribes to.

I actually find it pretty funny that the schools put out so much meat-industry propaganda that many people honestly believe that they will somehow miss out on some special nutrient (i.e., complete protein) that only meat has (absolutely not the case) if they do not eat meat. Protein-deficiency was one scare, then the B12 scare and now I believe it's the Calcium-phenomenon, where kids are taught milk is the best, if not the only, source of Calcium. What they do not teach is how Calcium is absorbed, the dangers of Calcium without a balance Magnesium, and most importantly that even soymilk contains more of it than cow's milk, not to mention other vegetarian sources.

Lifestyle-wise: It can be tough to avoid animal products and only shop cruelty free.Think about it, a vegan cannot wear leather shoes or use lip balm with beeswax or eat typical "American" foods (that's really not a bad thing), nor drink tea with honey and lemon; everything from detergent to toothpaste has to be researched to make sure that the company does not abuse animals.

It's ridiculous that people even HAVE to do this research. Being a vegan has really opened up my eyes to where my Dollar is going when I buy even the most minute item. Would you honestly support a company that cut open dogs, deliberately caused blood clots and then pumped them full of grape juice just to see what it did? Unfortunately, this is a true story of what these corporations are capable of - not to mention all the political donations they give out; it's shocking to see how many people claim to be into politics, yet shop at corporations that give huge amounts of funding to a party they do not support.

And of course back to the health aspect of it, it takes a little extra effort to achieve optimum nutrition on a vegan diet, but that's only because the typical Western diet is very meat-heavy and not very healthy - people aren't always aware of what is out there.

PS: It's always good to add in opposing arguments (why veganism is good) and then attempt to rebut them as part of a persuasive demonstration. It makes your argument much stronger. I think I've shown an example of that here.|||u can't eat cheese, pizza,basically all of the good foods. I'm pretty much of a vegan. Then u miss out on alot of great food.|||One negative affect is ignorant people asking silly questions.|||One negative effect is people might think that you became vegan is because of someone..bla..bla...bla...|||unfortunately there has not been a full study done on vegans and health concerns with their diet however there have been studies done on children's growth and the effects of a meatless diet and have found that a meatless diet(no meat of any type including fish) has been shown to stunt growth and increase mental problems including seizures and mental retardation.here ia a story about a vegan family in arizona.
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-05-1鈥?/a>

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment