Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Both tend to be self-righteous, both tend to be extremists and both tend to be liberal hypocrites.|||I would say the correlation is progressive thinking. I would also say that while not all feminists are vegan, I would think that most, if not all, vegans would be feminist. Since veganism encompasses more than diet, the natural tendency is toward a "live and let live" attitude. If you want to go out of your way to not harm any living creature, then it makes sense that you would be against sexism, racism, homophobia, etc.|||While it may seem popular to give a correlation between them the fact is there is no study to prove otherwise. Really you are comparing apples to oranges. There is no way to really tell without a study. Even then you would have to take a fairly large sample to be sure.

I know feminists who eat meat. I know vegans who are conservatives. So really can you make a correlation or is it simply the people you associate with and a matter of coincidence.|||I would say so. Vegans are usually radical animal rights activists and are trying to give a voice to the underdog. Women, some may think, are underdogs. Also they tend to fight for the environment, another underdog since it cannot fight for itself.|||They both seek to correct the harms of what the powerful can do to the less powerful. To protect women from control by men and animals from exploitation by humans.|||"As we talked of freedom and justice one day for all, we sat down to steaks. I am eating misery, I thought, as I took the first bite. And spit it out." - Alice Walker|||No.|||I'm a vegan feminist and I think so (:

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment