Thursday, February 9, 2012

With all due respect here, just because you refuse to eat animals does not mean that people will stop slaughtering them and McDonald's will stop serving Big Macs.|||aha people say this all the time and that's not what we're trying to do, all though it would be great if that did happen. we are vegetarians/vegans mostly for ourselves because we believe that slaughtering animals for meat is wrong. we don't want to support it and if people follow our example, that's great, but we don't expect them to. some people become veggies simply for health reasons as well.|||thanks for the 10 points =)

Report Abuse

|||I choose vegetarianism because it's a healthier lifestyle and better for the animals, the environment, etc. The production of meat will decrease as more people become vegetarians, but I still don't see how it's anyone's business but their own why someone chooses to live the way they do. It's their life, not yours, and who're you to berate it?|||It will reduce the number of animals killed. Some people just believe it. And, it is also healthy to eat vegetables, tat's why some people choose to eat non-meat food becos they can kill two birds with one stone.|||It's all about doing my small part.

It makes me feel better to know that I don't support these terrible practices.|||I don't have a 'point' to it. People can eat all the Big Macs they want. I find them gross on a number of levels, but I don't expect that to become a majority opinion anytime soon.|||i myself isn't a vegetarian, but my friend is a vegetarian AND a vegan (doesn't eat animal produced things). she's a complete freak with animals. she forced her brother to free a beetle in a cage he kept it in.
vegetarians are people who don't eat meat because they feel that it isn't right to eat meat.
i used to think the same thing: it's not going to stop people killing more animals.
they just think it's GROSS.|||if more become veggie, less animals will be killed. think about it, if the meat sales go down, they dont kill as fast, if meat sales were up, much more killings would be necessary to keep up with demand.
its simple economics, really.|||Well I do get what ya mean, but for me it's just because I don't want to be a part of the whole thing. I love animals to much to eat them I swear if I had all the time and space I needed I would save every single animal. That's my opinon on it though.|||That's like saying "well just because you feed a few starving 3rd world country kids it doesn't mean people are gonna stop starving."

=/

(Oh btw, I'm not comparing the world hunger to animal cruelty to all you anti-vegans. My point is that even though you're not gonna save the world entirely you can at least help a few suffering souls and hopefully inspire others to do the same. Especially when no one else cares.)|||MmMMmm boy I wonder if McDonald's is open right now...|||why does anyone do what they believe is the right thing? just because a lot of people do something i dont agree with, won't make me do it too.|||because I love animals so I don't eat them. it's one small way I can be the voice of the voice less. In other words, "let it begin with me".|||at least it is healtier than McDonald or ..........|||maybe people want to be healthier
feel better
or maybe some people don't like meat.
it doesn't have to do with people killing animals or Mcdonald's. it's for their own well-being.|||they know it will not stop them but it also makes themself feel better knowing that they are not filling themselves with slaughtered animals. Some others refrain from wearing clothes that may come from animal.
There are also activist that try to stop these people from killing animals but i strongly doubt that they can stop the world from slaughtering animals.|||It's a moral choice. I believe all creatures have a soul, therefore, I would no more eat an animal than I would a human being. Animals feel all the same things we do, fear, cold, pain, it's human rationalization that makes it acceptable to accept animals as a food group.|||I'm not trying to stop others from eating meat.I became vegan for personal reasons and because I can't support the cruel practices used in factory farming.I still couldn't eat free range meat either,because an animal still had to die even though it wasn't needed.you are missing the whole point of veganism,it isn't to stop animal use 100%,but to do as much as you can to help reduce the use of factiry farming.You have an "all or nothing" attitude,just because you can't end all of world hunger doesn't mean you shouldn't try,just because you cant abolish racism completely doesn't mean you shouldn't try,just because you can't save all animals doesn't mean you shouldn't try.If you aren't part of the solution(veg*nism) then you are part of the problem(factory farming).|||Well, you're wrong. If enough people went vegetarian (the numbers are rising, BTW), McDonalds WILL reduce the numbers of animals slaughtered and Big Macs sold.|||By being a vegetarian I can let others know what I think of the suffering that animals go through. If you convince enough people not to eat animals there will not be as many animals killed if not as many people buy meat.|||Each person is a part of the whole.

We can each make a BIG difference by refusing to have any part in the meat industry. Imagine if everyone had the defeatist attitude like you have, and thought "what's the point?" Nothing would ever be achieved. Great things are achieved by individual people deciding to make a difference. Over time, the amount of people who think the same grow and grow until one day a radical difference in the world is made. Each person is a significant part of that difference, however long it takes for the difference to have the worldly impact that you talk about.|||I have never been happier than I am now that I am a vegan. I don't feel deprived of anything - there are so many different foods and spices and flavors to explore and try. I know that I am not harming animals - that I am doing my own small part. I don't push veganism on anyone, not co-workers, not family, not even my own 5 year old daughter. But I share vegan creations all the time and hope to inspire others to eat less meat and animal products. I know that the world will always rely to some extent on animals, but I know that the vegetarian and vegan populations are growing, which means that fewer animals are suffering. Knowing all this makes me a happy person.|||The point of vegetarianism/veganism..

For the good of our health.
For the good of our home, mother earth.
For the good of the animals we share earth with.

Everyone has a part in this world, if we all do our share it will make the world a better place to live right now and in times to come. We can all do something. Some people donate money to good causes, some people recycle, some people walk or bike to work to help cut down polution and for exercise, some support organic farming, some do selfless things for others, help those in need, pick up other peoples trash, and many many more things I could go on and on. We all have a part and every little bit counts cause it adds up in the end. I do as much as I can for the good of this world. Most people do what they can, in their own ways.

Tomarrow I am sure big macs will still be served, probably next year, and 10 from now but if the number of people who stop suporting the meat, dairy and egg industry grows, if everybody does their part then maybe in the future big macs will be history! who knows, time will tell. This doesen't go for just big macs... But for everything in this world. People fighting for what they believe has done great things for our world.. Its why slavery is no longer alowed, Its why women can vote, and is why people have more freedom in the world than ever. And much much more.

Merry christmas everyone!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment