Thursday, February 9, 2012

I found, right next to the 鈥榝resh鈥?chicken, pre-prepared chicken slices with breaded seasoning etc. ready to take home and cook. They looked exactly like chicken, but actually were fake vegan chicken slices! It didn't even say 鈥榲egan鈥? but the ingredients spoke for themselves. I wonder if the staff didn't realize or if this is a new product display method. The meat and dairy companies have been fighting very hard and diligently to keep the dairy alternatives such as soy milk, soy cheeses, soy yoghurt away from their products; tofu has to be kept away in the deli section with fake meats etc., but in recent years they've been losing since they getting closer or even mixed together (I know dairy companies now make soy drinks & yoghurt... hm... perhaps they have started making fake meats too, planning ahead).

Have you noticed? Where you shop, are they separate? I think the closer they get to each other, the more interchangeable they will become; it鈥檚 a good thing. What do you think?|||Well, I'd say that it was good, as a more accepted and widespread thing. But it seems kind of unnappealing to me- I mean, to have to look at all of the carcasses when I wanted my meat substitues? Sorry, but no thanks. However, it's quite a great step, assuming that it's really what's happening. I know that where I get food they're seperate, more for the benefit of the vegans, though- we don't want to have to pick through things and find out which are vegan and which aren't.

And aso, couldn't it, instead of being a move for vegetarians, be a sign that more and more of our trusty vegan companies are being bought out? I know that Tyson (the supposed KFC torturer of chickens) owns a natural foods company, and animal testers also own some vegan cosmetics companies- so couldn't they be combining things because now the omni companies have nothing to lose?

Overall, though, I don't think that vega*nism is becoming more accepted. Look at the other posts in these forums!|||Did you even attempt to proofread what you wrote? You refer to all the food that you consume as "fake". Keeping this in mind, fake is a term implying cheap substitution, or knock-off of the original or real item. So what you put in your body is merely a cheap substitution or knock-off for what you are meant to put in there. Just imagine if they came out with imitation McDonald's.... people who are against the restaurant chain would probably flock, quite literally in THROVES to this new haven. Because they're not supporting the multi-million dollar chain anymore... OH NO!... they're supporting a much more ETHICAL fast food production. Just think of all the toxic fumes billowing out of the factories that produce your "fake" food. Still hungry?... go grow a garden and be done with you, I say!!!|||The products are kept separated in my town. There is a Health Market section right next to the produce area. This is where the vegan and organic products are found. This is actually the only part of the store that I shop in. The whole rest of the building is worthless to me. I am happy to see more options though. We still have a long ways to go.|||Yes we are becoming more accepted! I've been veggie for 50 years and back in the bad old days (in Texas beef country) it was common to be assaulted for being a veggie. It's been a long time since that's been a risk!

As to grocers... I've noticed that Kroger (in particular) has started removing the coolers from their "Nature's Market" sections and moving the veggie kind products to the regular coolers in the store! It drove me *nuts* until I griped to a store manager who told me they didn't discontinue the products but 'mainstreamed' them! I was told that sales of Tofutti 'sour cream' and 'cream cheese' have skyrocketed and they are now being carried in most stores and are now available to *all* their stores!

Lowes (not the hardware chain a regional grocer) now carries those products with the 'regular' dairy and has Lightlife and Yves alongside the Hormel etc stuff (I'd rather they still be in produce<g>). The Safeway stores I've been in lately have also started moving their (limited) selection to the 'normal' parts of the store.

Super Target is the only place where I've seen the products get moved into a 'special' section (even the MS Farms stuff). A manager told me their sales of the products increase when they move them but I got the impression that he was lying his *** off!

I like having them mainstreamed with the sole exception of moving the analog products to the meat aisle! I *don't* want my food in that part of the store!|||yes i've definitely noticed, i went to a mainstream supermarket for the first time in ages and saw vegan cheese, yogurt, etc, right in the dairy section!|||living in the midwest in smaller cities id say its only been the last 10 years that a person could find organic foods on a regular basis without going to a specialty shop let alone vegan stuff, just the last 5 years or so i,ve noticed more variety in health foods and vegan products, however no real intergration as of yet. the meat substitutes still hang out with the tofu by the bean sprouts.am happy to say that the soy milk is in the same cooler as the milk! Im not a veg. or vegan but do enjoy trying new stuff so i am excited by the new products stores carry now.|||yaw dood,, at many restaurants,, some of the items will say vegetarian and such|||Many vegetarians, and most vegans that I know, are such kooks that it makes it difficult for me to accept it beyond a "well, ok for them" level.|||i won't eat fake meat, someone smart said it along time ago
if man made it, I won't eat it, if it tastes good, spit it out.
the man is 92 yrs old and still alive.

so yea go for it sounds good, congrats, more food please|||They have the bacon and veggie burgers right next to frozen burgers.They have the soy milk right next to the milk,they also carry rice milk.They also sell mock duck,mock pork,and mock chicken.They sell "chickenless" nuggets.I'm just waiting on the tofutti cuties!|||Hm, I haven't noticed meats and vegetarian/vegan alternatives being mixed together at the grocery store I go to, but I guess I haven't really been looking. I think it's good that vegetarian/vegan diets are becomming more accepted, because with more options and choices of things to eat, there will be more vegetarians and vegans! I'm not a vegetarian myself, but I do know that a lot of people say that vegetarian diets are healthier than ones with a lot of meat. Technically, eating veggies is more efficient than eating meat, because as you move up the food chain, energy is lost. And as more people become aware and concerned about environmental problems, they will also switch to a "green" diet because it is more environmentally friendly.|||The grocery stores I patronize keep the vegan and soy products separate. I can hardly go anywhere NEAR the meat section becuse I get queasy at the sight of the raw, poor, hapless creatures under plastic wrap. If my store carried new fake meat in that area, I would never know it. Personally, I like my products separated. On the other hand, for those who do purchase meat, it's a great way to introduce those products to that particular group of people. Perhaps they will give it a try and maybe the fake meat will become more mainstream! :-0

火车采集器
  • raw food recipes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment