Monday, February 6, 2012

When I started
(which about 9days ago)
I've been called a f@g (but in a joking kind of manner)

What are some other stereotypes vegetarians/vegans have to endure?|||I have NEVER had a problem - and I live in southeast TEXAS where you would think it most DEFINITELY would be one!

Got people that raise cattle all around me - even got a field that they graze in behind my home - but not one unkind word at all - EVER!

I also never really bring it up - unless such comes up within a conversation - such as when someone has asked me out and they are talking steakhouse and I have to tell them that I am more than likely only going to be able to eat the salad and maybe a potato there - along with the iced tea.

Maybe it is because I am older - I am 54. To top it off - I have pre-mature snow white hair mixed with platinum blonde - maybe the 'old lady intimidation factor' comes into play - I don't know. :)

I have had nothing but people going out of their way to make concessions for me because of my diet needs (I really CAN'T eat meat because I get SICK because of medication that I am on).

I am a widow and recently started to date again - and even the men that I go out with - every last one of them go out of their way to make sure that there is something for me to eat - one man even going so far as to find a 5 star vegetarian/vegan Indian restaurant for us to go to (Madras Pavilion) when we went out while hitting museums.

So my experience has been far from negative - actually the exact opposite. But then I only started having this problem (epilepsy meds causing upset when meat is eaten) and started to figure it out in late Oct/early Nov of last year - so hasn't been a long time either.|||Well, a common stereotype I've heard from veggies themselves is "being a veggie is much better, at least I'm much healthier"...HOWEVER this being said with a can of coke in their hand, a chocolate bar in the other and a packet of crisps for after the chocolate bar....and i've seen them eat this for lunch every day!!!

I used to be a veggie but I was damn healthy, I lived on fruit, veg, tofu, pulses, eggs, wholemeal rice/pasta/bread then had an occasional treat, like a chocolate bar, but only rarely!

Vegetarianism is great if you do it properly but, let's face it, better to eat a plate of chicken, potatoes and veg than all that crap many veggies eat, at least they'd be getting some proper nutrients rather than empty calories!|||The most common I hear is that we're sissy, floaty, new-agey, crybabies. That seems to be the most common/popular opinion of things.

And it's for this reason that, due to my being male, 6'2, and muscular, when I decline a slice of pepperoni pizza on the grounds that I'm a vegetarian (usually by saying, "nah, thanks, I don't eat meat"), people laugh and say "no, seriously, go ahead."|||"Hypocrite" comes to mind. I dated a self-proclaimed vegetarian but she still ate eggs and chicken.

News flash: eggs and chicken are not vegetables!!

Don't be a hypocrite.|||Dirty, filthy, hippie, underweight, pasty, sickly and gay.|||That we are hippies, skinny, pale, tree huggers, weird, crazy, hypocrites, that we are just following a fad, stupid, smelly, we are brainwashed.|||people say think/say studip, but if I show that it hurts e they would do it more. so i just go,,, whatever, or if I know them well, I will make a joke about them and just laught. - its better to just blow it off.

One person said, - "do you graze"? -|||Haha I feel your pain!
Somestereotypes are that all vegetarian/vegan people are tree-hugging activists. I don't know why, people just do. I get called a lot of names too.

I have been called:
Un-Australian
Fussy
Weird/Strange
Herbivore freak

And some people have said to me:
You're gonna die before the rest of us
Eating no meat will make you fat

And people have also thrown meat at me.|||You know, usually after boys hit on me and figure out they aren't getting anywhere, I get called pasty, sickly, unhealthy, ridiculous, a tool, all sorts of things, etc........I usually don't worry about it because the boys always come back.......|||um a loser
animal hugger
actavist person
lol
im not
i just dont wanna kill animals
and think eating dead bodies is gross|||definitely
UN-American,

and homophobic people
tend to find corelations between many things they don't understand, So there for you can almost expect to be called a pejoratively insulting homophobic phrases.

interestingly enough,
if you are well articulate in arguments about veganism
people will start seeing you as "self righteous"

Vegans, sometimes tend to be stereotyped as "angry and sleepy," this is attributed to unhealthy vegans who don't know how to regulate a proper diet and are suffering from inadequate nutrition.

Also "annorexic" is a common one.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment