Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is it just for diet purposes or do you not support any place that sells meat? If that is the case then how do you buy your food when most grocery stores sell meat??

Just a general question to get everyone's opinions--thanks :)|||There's only one strictly vegan store in my city, and it's not a grocery. So yes, the stores I shop at do sell meat. Except for the farmer's market I go to in the summer - that's all fruits and veg. If there were a completely vegan co-op to shop at, I'd use it.

That said, I go further than diet. All my personal care products are vegan (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, makeup, etc) as well as all of my household products (detergents and cleaners).|||I go so far as to exclude gelatin and rennet out of my diet, but I buy my food from places like Whole Foods.|||I don't buy from fast food chains who's primary sales consist of meat. Like KFC or McDonalds even if they have vegan options available. I usually buy my veggies from a local green grocer who doesn't sell meat. But its hard to draw a clear distinction between indirect support and convenience. If I could avoid all places that sold meat all the time I would. But it's not always possible some times I have no other choice but to shop at woolworths or coles.|||It's near impossible to buy from a place that doesn't sell any kind of animal products. I just don't support the meat/dairy/egg etc part of their industries by only buying food that's vegan.|||not far enough.|||If someone refuses to buy vegan food from a store that sells meat, do they also refuse to speak to anyone that eats meat or other animal products?

I don't like any big business in general, I would rather support a company that isn't owned by greedy billionaires.

I don't think that sugar should be mention as not vegan just because an animal substance is used in production, especially since no animals are born, raised or killed for it.
If I'm going to say that sugar isn't vegan, neither is riding a bike or walking on asphalt or eating food that was transported by truck.

My own choices include not eating any fortified cereals with animal sourced vitamins which most people wouldn't even think of in relation to veganism. Most cereals are in fact, not even vegetarian due to the flesh, fat and blood-sourced vitamins. Not even milk is vegetarian because it has added vitamin D which is most commonly taken from the fat of slaughtered animals. It usually comes from China too. Mmm, the cleanest of clean.

All of this is true in spite of the fact that none of this contributes to any suffering. Only things such as meat, milk, eggs, fur and animal testing contribute to the suffering of animals. Most of the things that I avoid don't make any difference. I just avoid them because the industry that they represent disgusts me.|||It's almost impossible to buy my food from someplace that doesn't sell meat (or other animal products.) In the summer, I buy my fruits and vegetables from the local farmer's market or grow (vegetables and tomatoes) myself. Unfortunately as I move into either a dorm or apartment this summer, I won't be able to grow my own produce.

As for clothing, I usually buy secondhand or online from vegan, fair-trade, sources. I buy personal hygiene and care products the same way.|||I just don't eat it.
if other people like it then they can eat it
i don't try and push it on other people, i think that is just plain anoying
honestly God actually DID put animals on the earth for us to eat
even though that was hard to say, its true
*this is just MY opinion, don't hate ;)*

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment