Thursday, February 9, 2012

How long did it take?

What is your approximate conversion rate?|||EARTHLINGS documentary.

I've converted 6 people to vegetarianism just by showing it, and 11 to veganism.|||Oh goodness. People have their own beliefs and convictions. If someone wants to eat meat,then let them eat meat. No one is making you eat a cheeseburger,because that would be rude,and be tempting you to go against what you believe. Have the same respect for others as you expect to get.|||This style of life is YOUR choice, people will dislike you more for trying to convert them . Just as you would hate me if I tried to get you to eat meat.
Live and let live.|||I have turned 3 people vegetarian (i'm vegan btw) i turned my boyfried vegetarian by showing him the 'meet your meat' video by peta.

In my english class, for coursework we could to a speech about a subject of our choice, i chose veganism and its benefits for the people, the environment and the animals. after that 2 people in my class became vegetarians.

but i don't go out of my way to turn people vegetarian/vegan. Its their own decision.

hope i helped

x|||Tell them the truth about where their food comes from. Especially if they're a vegetarian, tell them that cheese is made with veal stomach, and veal is a byproduct of the dairy industry, and how horribly cows and chickens are treated.

If they eat meat tell them about all the antibiotics that are fed to animals as a precautionary measure, to keep them from getting sick from the unhealthy environment they are in. Tell them what horrible quality meat they are eating, how the chickens whose breasts they eat cant support their own weight,

Show them those PETA videos of animal abuse after you've got their attention, but if you do it when they don't care yet they'll frequently just resent you for it.|||No I haven't because I don't try to.

They don't force me to eat meat, I don't force them to eat vegan.

You would wan't someone to respect your choice, so why not respect theirs?|||The best way is to simply encourage and support someone who is trying to make the change themselves. I've never tried to get someone else to go vegetarian just randomly. I do find that my cooking encourages some people to eat vegetarian for at least one meal, though.|||Ok, you're an idiot. You don't CONVERT people to vegetarianism/veganism. They make the choice themselves. Let people eat what they want. Jeez, and vegans say that meat eaters are the controlling ones. At least we leave you alone and let you make your own choices.|||I've never tried.
Personally, I just don't care that much.

edit- "confused person"- the person who asked this question is a meat eater.|||Just watch Food Inc.
That should do it :]
or if you want a more graphic/shocking approach, you can watch the mini-documentary Meet Your Meat :P|||I don't think I've ever 'converted' someone...but I do occasionally remind lovers of hot-dogs and chicken nuggets exactly what their 'meat' is made from. I don't consider it my place to change anyone's mind about whether or not they eat meat, but I do like to ask people to consider what it is they're putting in their mouths. I would prefer to see my family and friends eating fresh, free-range chicken that had a decent uncaged life without being kept in a barn or cage, than battery farm/barn meat. It would be great if they decided not to eat meat - but that is their decision, and not mine.
I'd rather see change of industrial farming practice towards ethical care of the animals we rear and eat, than a whole world of enforced vegetarians.|||I'd never go out of my way to try to force someone to do something they didn't want to do. :/ I have influenced some people to rethink, but not really on purpose. Some people are really honestly just curious about it and not rude about it all, those types I'll tell them whatever information they're curious about. Sometimes those people will end up going vegetarian or even vegan themselves. I'm not going to waste my time on someone who could give a crap less and will only hate me for being "preachy", but I'm not going to hold back info that someone wants to know either.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment