Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Not killing amounts to humility, in my book. Why would you think of it as arrogance? I don't get it.

Cultural disconnect, perhaps.|||possibly...is that a cult.....STICK TO THE TRINITY CHURCHES|||Just back to nature....

Why is, what other people eat or not eat, important to you?|||LOL. I guess so.|||I love this question! Yes, I think so. People have become so used to luxury that they've become detached by their primal "I must survive" instincts. Veganism can work if you live comfortably in a place where you have abundant water, fruits, vegetables, etc. But what if you had to be a caveman again & kill an animal in order to survive? The vegans would be the first to die. Either from not having the guts to hunt or refusing to eat animals & dying from malnutrition.|||You mean properly planned vegan diets are healthful and have been found to satisfy nutritional needs. And are credited with lowering the risk of colon cancer, heart attack, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, prostate cancer, and stroke is being arrogant? How so?||| vegans are crackpots. Your body is designed to eat meat and plant a like. Herbavores don't have canine teeth and we do. I say if you eat like a rabbit then its only a matter of time before you join it on the food chain. If anyone is thinking of becoming a vegan, you need to wake up and go kill something.|||No... If you don't want to eat animals is your decision and you shouldn't be mock for that...|||This one laughs with the responder who thought that being a vegetarian is a religion and who encourage others to "stay with the Trinity churches"! Let us hope she said such in jest...

One becomes a vegan in the personal beliefs that one has no right to harm sentient beings regardless of their individual level of development and awareness.

One also becomes a vegan when one realizes that if the whole world practiced such it would be a simple matter to produce enough food for all of the peoples of the world and would, thereby, be more beneficial to ones self and all others as well being a better use of all natural resources.

Perhaps it is not arrogance but humility and respect for all...

Be well.|||For many vegan is a form of protest against the cruelty to animals, they will not wear clothing made from animal sources such as wool and leather.
Many others are vegan so as not to be involved in the killing of any sentient being. I am a vegan with food only as I have to buy the clothes I can afford. It developed out of health conscious reasons and now I don't wish to be involved knowingly in the torture and killing of other beings. That being said, if I was as you say, in a survival situation or I lived someplace where I did not have the ability to be vegan then without a shred of guilt I would no longer be one. furthermore, I have no problem every once in a while taking in an animal product out of politeness to a host or something to that effect. I know this makes me not only a partial vegan but also a hypocrite but it is where I stand.
I don't think it is an example of arrogance, rather it is an example of how far we have evolved as a race on this planet. Any and every nutrient we get from animal sources we can get elsewhere...naturally. If we have the ability to do so is it not more conscientious to do so?


火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment