Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm a 16 y.o. Vegan but I don't know If im going to use them or not.

Is urea(urine) from herbivorous animals can't be use as plant fertilizer for vegan?

Is using wool not vegan? because they feel so hot in summers and need to be shaven.

Is woman removed placenta after baby's birth can't be eaten by a vegan? (Human Placenta is a animal product because human belong to animal kingdom)
|||Wool isn't vegan because they don't treat the sheep very well. I used to have to drive by a sheep farm that raised sheep for wool. Guess when they sheered them. Fall. NOT during summer when they needed it. They'd have full wool coats when it was 90 out and be sheered when it was below 32. That is because there's a market for wool products in fall, not in summer. Also, they sheer the sheep so fast they get all cut up.|||yes.

just avoid animal products as much as you can. its impossible to be 100 percent in this world

even just avoiding meat and dairy without checking ingredients at the supermarket you avoid supporting alot of abuse.|||I agree with you about the wool. Any animal would love to lose a hot and itchy coat in the summer and it doesn't even hurt. Can someone post the reason behind this?|||Urea: maybe.
Wool: most vegans would call this non-vegan
Human placenta: vegan. Not because it's not an animal product, but because of the consent. The big complaint with many animal products is that the animal gives no consent for the use.

Also, keep in mind that veganism has a spectrum of intensity. Take honey for example. Some vegans avoid honey, since the bees do not give consent. Others have no problem with honey, since the bees do not die for the honey harvested.|||I do everything within my power to avoid animal products. However, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a wool blend coat because I needed a coat. The warmest coat I have is 40+ years old (it's the 60's Jacki O style with the big round buttons and round collar; It's pretty, but heavy and not overly functional with a baby). My other coat is about 11 years old and has lost half of its feathers (bought before I cared and thought about from where my food and things came from). Even though it was 50% off, I am sure Old Navy still made some money on it. Also, I did not want to wait around until January to find something or to try and find something at Goodwill, when my need was immediate. At least it's wool blend.

I don't know why anybody would want to eat the placenta. A few weeks before the birth of our daughter, my husband and I saw some freaky show on HBO. I don't remember what it was or the purpose of the show. (Basicly, seemingly freaky things from a round the world, I guess.) Somebody had taken human placenta and made a pate' out of it. They even show the described vegan as eating it. My husband and I were both grossed out and amused by it. I think I said that that would have been something I wouldn't have tried even when I was eating anything and everything. After my daughter's birth, when I delivered the placenta, I looked at my husband and asked, "Want some pate'"? We laughed. Seriously, the thing looked gross.

My now 14 month old daughter receives breast milk, of course, but not cow's milk. Partially from the junk that is in it and how the cows are treated. Also, because she is a baby human, not a baby cow.

Overall, you have to do what you feel is right for you. I feel called into this life.Therefore, I do everything within my power to avoid meat and animal products.|||By definition, vegans do not eat, wear or use any animal products (generally understood to mean animals other than yourself).

So assuming you don't self-define as an animal (yes technically you are, but you're just *you* to yourself), it's OK to use your own urine, but not that of other animals. They can't consent to it and you can - the only reason you would have access to other animals' urine is if you or somebody else were oppressing them and controlling their lives, which isn't vegan.

Using wool isn't vegan because wool is an animal product. The sheep only have too much wool because humans have bred them for that trait - if you buy wool, you are supporting that unethical breeding and making it continue. They don't just go out and find some poor overheated sheep and do it a favour by shearing it - they breed the sheep for its wool and shave it to make profit from the fleece.
You may also want to look up what mulesing is...

Again, it depends if the woman self-defines as an animal - if not, it's vegan to eat it.

To the person who mentioned honey: Some vegans *do not* eat honey - if they eat honey they aren't vegan (just like people who eat fish aren't vegetarian). It doesn't matter whether you think it's justifiable (it's not, by ethical vegan standards, anyway) or not, it simply isn't vegan.|||You can never be too sure what kind of random animal part of something else was used in products you use. Yes you have vegan safe products. Some things are even animal tested that vegans try to stay away from.

|||do some of you people actually listen to yourselves when you type out your answers ?
sheep are sheered in the spring, not in the fall or winter(at least where i live),the mobs that live across the road at a four section sheep ranch(640 acres per section) are well taken care of and are not injured during sheering,don't assume you know about animals because you read about it online or the closest you have ever been to a ranch or farm is the meat counter in your local grocery store or you drove by a sheep ranch .if you don't want to use animal products then DON'T but don't spread your useless uneducated drivvel to make yourself look smart..

火车采集器
  • home bars
  • pick a part
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment