Friday, February 17, 2012

i don't know what else to put in my ending paragraph. heres what i have so far.

My choice to be vegan has made me a more compassionate, aware, and inspired person. I no longer see something as on object, but i see why its there and what it does.

thanks for the help!=)|||My choice to be vegan has made me a more compassionate, aware, and inspired person. One no longer sees something as on object, but one sees the purpose of why it was placed on this earth. Animals were placed liberated, who are we as human beings to control that freedom that they once had? Hypothetically, if creatures were sent to be devoured, why are some specific animals not consumed? That leads one to believe that animals were indeed put here to graze freely and out of harms way while they are here. If such creatures did not have an extreme will to live, why have they survived geneations unharmed? Considering the eveidence previously stated, animals were placed to be animals, we do not necessarily need to consume animals to survive, so one simply does this for their own selfish agenda. Animals are simpathetic, agile creatures that clearly deserve respect, more so then humans, yet they are not recieving half of what they give.
|||What is it for? If it's for a school assignment, you'll want to go back over the evidence you offered. If it's for an essay contest, you're on the right track... I'd just add some more along the same lines.|||That's a great start. :) You can also add how it made you a healthier person, and maybe encourage others to become vegans for such and such reasons (i.e. because of health, etc.).|||you could also add that you feel good about making the right choice. that you know you are doing the right thing.|||It is a good start. I would drop the inspired part because that needs an explanation - inspired in what way. You say that you no longer see something as an object. Don't be afraid to take the animal issue head on. Say you no longer see animals as objects - or commodities. Explain what you mean by why it is there and what it does - that animals are here for their own purposes, perhaps, not our use and that their value comes from their own life and consciousness rather than our proprietary needs.

You may want to find a choice quote to give it some punch. Here are a few but you can find far more.

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them. ~Samuel Butler, Note-Books, 1912

Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and I realize, Oh my God. I could be eating a slow learner. ~Lynda Montgomery

Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends. ~George Bernard Shaw

Nothing more strongly arouses our disgust than cannibalism, yet we make the same impression on Buddhists and vegetarians, for we feed on babies, though not our own. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

My situation is a solemn one. Life is offered to me on condition of eating beefsteaks. But death is better than cannibalism. My will contains directions for my funeral, which will be followed not by mourning coaches, but by oxen, sheep, flocks of poultry, and a small traveling aquarium of live fish, all wearing white scarfs in honor of the man who perished rather than eat his fellow creatures. ~George Bernard Shaw

I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer, quoted in You Said a Mouthful edited by Ronald D. Fuchs

Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his little animal friends. ~Author Unknown

My perspective of veganism was most affected by learning that the veal calf is a by-product of dairying, and that in essence there is a slice of veal in every glass of what I had thought was an innocuous white liquid - milk. ~Rynn Berry, quoted in Joanne Stepaniak, The Vegan Sourcebook, 1998

Nothing spoils lunch any quicker than a rogue meatball rampaging through your spaghetti. ~Jim Davis

I do not like eating meat because I have seen lambs and pigs killed. I saw and felt their pain. They felt the approaching death. I could not bear it. I cried like a child. I ran up a hill and could not breathe. I felt that I was choking. I felt the death of the lamb. ~Vaslav Nijinsky

To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being. I should be unwilling to take the life of a lamb for the sake of the human body. ~Mahatma Gandhi

While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth? ~George Bernard Shaw

Truely man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds theirs. We live by the death of others: we are burial places! I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men. ~Leonardo da Vinci

I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me. ~Alex Poulos|||You can also end with "having healthy lifestyle changes also changes your DNA for the better also....

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment