Friday, February 17, 2012

Philosophically speaking, I'm not opposed to eating meat. I understand that animals are not members of the moral community--its a natural part of life for humans to eat them.

that being said, animals demand a certain amount of respect. For me, this means refusing to eat anything inorganic. I decided to be a vegetarian because one day i just didn't like the taste of flesh. Sorry if this comes off with a dramatic flair, but for me its something very spiritual...an act of supererogation within my reach. I don't need to eat meat to survive...so i wont.

people say that because we're smater than animals, we deserve to eat them. But I think that the fact we are smarter than them means we should show them mercy.|||Both great in so many ways.|||My opinion on both would be that if people choose to eat that way it is great for them that they are making those choices. For me, there is no way I could live without meat, I love the taste the texture and the smell (after its cooked)

For vegans, I applaud someone who can be so creative to live on a diet of veggies, fruits and legumes/starches

I could never live without butter, cheese, or really any dairy product...I have tried the soy type and others and it just doesnt compare to the greasiness or tanginess|||vegetarians and vegans are amazing people for not supporting the horribleness of the meat industry (:|||i love them both. eating meat is STUPID. look at all those vegetarians out there, like me, healthier than the meat eaters. meat makes you fat bc of the way people cook it. scientists even found out that vegetarians live longer than meat eaters. so yea.....humans were never supposed to eat meat. and eating poor innocent animals...shame on them. vegetarianism and veganism rules!!|||Vegetarianism/Veganism are just better ways of life. We get a lot of heat from meat eaters though, it can be discouraging. I have been Vegetarian/trying to be Vegan for about a month now, and I am starting to see and feel a difference in myself. I feel better, I'm not sick as often anymore, I feel better about not having to eat animals (because I love them, always have). My husband is a meat eater, and he picks on me so bad, and it is hard sometimes, but I am sticking to what I believe in and what makes me feel better, and I think that is what all Vegetarians/Vegans should do as well.|||opinions?

what do you mean exactly? you've not made any determinate assessment.|||I am not vegetarian because i believe its part of the whole circle of life, and human teeth are made to rip meat. For me i could never go without meat or any dairy products. But, i do think that they have a valid point. I really don't agree with the way that some companies treat the animals before they kill them, but that would probably the only reason I would go vegan/vegetarian but thats all. :)|||Personally, vegetarianism and veganism is the best way to go. It annoys me when meat-eaters go to the zoo (or something like that) and say, "Awwwww! Look at the cute little baby calf!!" and then go home and have beef burgers!! Animals were not created by God to be cuely treated and eaten. They came on this Earth with a purpose to help, not to die. I also dislike when so-called vegetarians eat eggs. They say an egg is not meat but it truely is! An egg is a chicken before it is born and eating an egg is like devouring a baby in the mother's stomach (except this isn't in the chicken's stomach). As a firm beliver in vegetarian and veganism (I am a vegetarian by the way), I think meat is a desire not a necessity. My grandfather has been a vegetarian all his life (72 years) and he is healthier than most 40 year old Americans!!!|||I believe it is a WAY better lifestyle! I feel guilty when my meat eating family has things like flaming-yon! BTW teamjacob, eggs are actually not babies when they are hatched. They have to fertilize the eggs! These eggs are meant to eat and they also have cage free eggs. I only eat those|||I don't eat animals because I personally think it's wrong (especially mammals because they are so similar to us), but I don't judge other people for making that decision. I also acknowledge that if I stop eating meat, the meat industry is not going to go out of business. As my husband puts it, cows (and other animals) are only around in such numbers because we raise them for food. I do my best to avoid meat, buy cage free eggs, and support animal welfare charities, but I try not to get too obsessive about things I have little control over.|||It's my life.

Simply, what I eat is tied in with my ethical concerns.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment