Friday, February 3, 2012

Any negative?|||Veganism improved my quality of life. I read it could help with an incurable condition I got in the Marine Corps, and while it's not cured by any means, it does help.|||weight loss
more energy
feel better about not hurting animals
no negative effects so far|||more energy, healthier, don't smell like meat sweat when I run like meaties do.|||I get colds much less often and they're much more bearable.|||No more constipation, no more insomnia, clearer skin, more energy, noticeable weight loss, I have never been sick since I've made the change. I feel great. It's the best gift I've done for myself. I also have a greater compassion for the environment and animals.

The negative: It can be tricky or awkward to tackle social situations that surround food.
-Some ppl are very skeptical and negative about vegetarianism. Others are defensive about eating meat.
-My choices are drastically narrowed when I eat at many mainstream and chain restaurants.
- If I'm invited to a barbeque, I may not have much if anything to choose from to eat. I've learn to eat before going to parties.
- The holidays are a big deal. My family has yet to learn how to accept and cope with my lifestyle. I'll bring a couple of vegan items so they can try them and I have something to eat.

For me, ALL THE PROS FAR OUTWEIGH THE CONS =)|||clearer skin
my insomnia is GONE
happier all around more energetic
less sicknes, get over sickness faster
save on grocery bill
lost 30 lbs
knowing im not killing animals and the planet just to eat

i agree that sometimes its a bit sticky when eating out with people, or somehow the subjects gets brought up. but i just go with it. i am happy with my decision. no one else needs to care!

EDIT: "mizz nom" that is complete foolishness to say that any doctor would recommend against eating vegetarian. as long as you are doing it the right way, the HEALTHY way, then you will be great! just because its animal free, doesnt mean its good for you. "missnom" im sure that you were only eating potato chips and soda pop.|||I went vegetarian for several months, but my doctor urged me to go back to eating meat after several fainting spells due to lack of protein from the vegetarian diet. I also noticed my skin was breakin out a lot while on the diet and my eyes were always kind of puffy.|||It's opened my eyes to a whole world of new foods. I'm the only person in my class who can even imagine a meal without meat. It's quite cool.
It's good karma.

There are no vegan foods in my school shop, so I'm screwed if I forget my lunch or eat it all at break or want something extra. Some people give me crap over it.|||I earn more because I can charge them the same amount I charge steak eaters for what is basically a well presented salad, a veggie patty/stew and a desert. Profit margins for a veggie prix fixe dinner is much greater than a "regular" meat dinner

火车采集器
  • carrabas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment