Monday, February 6, 2012

Vegans think it's their way or the highway, when the truth is we can all decide for ourselves. Why do Vegans feel the need to shove their POV down other people's throats?|||There are always people who will do that with ANY given subject, it is an open forum, so just ignore the people posting stuff like that|||For the same reason I "think" everyone shouldn't enslave, torture, and murder humans.

That we "can" all decide for ourselves is a factual observation about the current institutional status quo,
not an ethical argument.

Moreover, it's ironic to say that vegans "shove their POV down other people's throats" when...let's be honest....omnivores make up the vast, vast majority, their views and lifestyles are culturalized into people from birth via the media, ignorance on nutrition, and a lack of education in ethics. Vegans routinely have their children removed from them for refusing to bring them up in a way that exploits animals. To imply there's some kind of vegan police is laughable.


The fact is, it's not vegans who support forcing one's morals onto others, including enslavement, torture, and death. That would be omnivores.|||Not all vegans think that way, just like all omnivores don't think that way. Just like there are vegans who might try to convert you to veganism, there are obnoxious omnivores who try to shove their ideals down everyone elses throats. There is a meme on the internet that sums up my feelings about this very well it says,

"You think spending one day as an omnivore with your vegan friend is straining? Try 365 days as a vegan in a world with 6,707,483,384 omnivores."|||I will answer the generalized question with a generalized answer. They are very passionate about their diet and what they put into their bodies. They want everyone to feel as great as they feel, and want everyone to respect all creatures far and wide. Their hearts are in the right place, however some take it to the extreme.|||I'm not a vegan, but at the same time I strongly object to how the beef/pork/chicken industries are run in america and I THINK a lot of vegans feel the same way. The only meat I eat is from animals that I hunt. One shot, no pain. It's healthier and safer than buying meat at a grocery store. Nothing is wasted. Also, we weren't meant to be vegetarians, if we were the enamel on our teeth would be thicker.|||This is the vegetarian/vegan site yet we have to put up with meateaters coming on here forcing their views on us, insults and rudeness, so your claim can be turned around. How often do you see vegans on the other food site forcing their views on people that choose to eat meat? Most vegans just want a quiet life and dont preach or force their opinions on others but there will always be a minority that are critical towards meateaters.|||You are mistaken. I'm vegan and don't care what you eat. This is an odd place for you to visit if you don't like the POV of vegetarians and vegans. The only time I voice my views is when asked by one who is sincere about learning. Sounds like you are more interested in criticizing what you don't understand.|||Yes come to the V&V section, make a generalised statement & give your own POV.......well done, i'm sure you've copped onto the utter irony & hypocrisy in this question|||I think that's an unfair generalisation, I don't think like that. Eat what you eat, I don't care.|||Because being vegan is super groovy man! But yeah everyone should have the right to eat the way they want without people trying to change them.|||I don't think everyone should either. My diet is my own personal decision, as is yours.|||Well, I'll be honest. I don't like that people support slaughter houses, does that make me a bad person?

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment