Monday, February 6, 2012

My family and friends always bother me about nothing being vegan and I just want to be able to say what is right and what is wrong.|||You do what feels right. Basically, though, I would say that the line that should never be crossed is someone else's. What you want to eat, eat. What you don't want to eat, don't. But don't try to tell others what to eat or trick them into eating vegan or any of that. That's all you need to tell them.

"It's my decision and it's the right one for me. I understand that it isn't the right one for you. You don't have to agree with me, but please understand that I've given this a lot of thought and it's important to me."

Beyond that, you need to decide what is and is okay for you. If you don't want food that has been cooked in a pan that has been used for eggs, you'll need to spring for your own pan and probably keep it away from the kitchen. Nobody can tell you how vegan is vegan enough (though many will try). Only you know.

Again, you don't have to share someone else's belief to respect their right to have it. Do the best to respect the fact that your friends and family have the right to choose non-veg and ask that they return the favor. |||don't draw any lines... if people don't know where to stop crossing them it's fruitless.

just maintain what is important to you.


|||I know my reasons for not eating animal products. When people ask me questions, I have my answers ready. They are short, polite, but effective answers.
I have learned who I will offend, and who I will not offend and I choose wisely before speaking, because I don't feel causing offense or discord is necessary with people who will never convert to veganism anyways.
I admire your choice to be cruelty-free! |||I think it's important to remember the reasons you chose for becoming vegan. Those reasons should help guide you to what you feel is best for your lifestyle. I can only speak regarding my personal opinions, but I believe that you have made a great choice for many reasons by becoming vegan, so you should not let others criticisms get you down. It is true that it is impossible to be 100% vegan; otherwise, you could not drive cars (tires and other parts are made from animal products) or use any sort of transportation. There are some things that are simply out of our control. The point is to remember, and tell others, that being vegan is about making a better and more ethical choice when there is a reasonable capability to do so. Therefore, there are certainly many things that are 100% vegan, such as foods and clothes and shoes. However, your friends and family are right if they are saying that you cannot avoid all animal products. Just remind them that since more often than not there is a choice, you want to make a positive one even if it is not always possible. Lastly, what is right and wrong is a matter of personal opinion, so go with what first led you to being vegan and that is right!

火车采集器
  • publishing companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment