Friday, February 17, 2012

I'd appreciate perspective from experienced Vegan converts. Do you feel healthier with the diet change?|||"The word 'veganism' denotes a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude 鈥?as far as is possible and practical 鈥?all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, including humans and the environment.
In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or partly from animals."

Yes I feel healthier but even if I didn't it wouldn't matter. Veganism has not and will never be about health or anything like that it is about not exploiting animals in all facets of life. So yes I know that now I am not giving money towards animal exploiters in my daily life and not supporting those industries directly and that makes me feel a bit better. It is also good knowing some of my activism is making change, that I can directly see. I mean like stores closing and companies dropping vivisectors because of regular protests and actions.

I think my path to veganism is the best change I have ever made and one that I should have made over 20 years ago. I didn't know what I was doing to animals and the horrific abuse caused to them for products I didn't need in the first place. Unfortunately my parents were complacent, complicit and ignorant of what they were doing and what they were teaching me, so I learned everything on my own and it pains me to think about what a horrible persyn I was before learning that. I don't want to sugar coat anything and say what I did in my past life was excusable, it wasn't. Our society has built this wall of intolerance and hatred against animals and the belief they exist as our property. However thankfully we have the power to tear down that wall and change our false beliefs and become vegan.|||I've been eating a vegan diet for the last 4 months, and it really depends on what you eat.

If you're thinking about doing a vegan diet, you have to first make a list of foods that are high in protein, calcium, iron, vitamin b12, zinc, vitamins A & C, etc.

You can find a list of vegan products high in these nutrients online.

Then, you have to be ready to cook.

Over 95% of restaurants and stores have little to no vegan entrees.

Overall, a vegan diet is healthy and the food is delicious.

A vegetarian diet is much easier to do, though, because you'll have a lot more options to choose from.

Boca, Morningstar Farms, Lightlife, Amy's Kitchen, Annie's Homegrown, Worthington, Quorn, Tofurky, and Rice Vegan are brands of vegetarian products that can be found at whole food/natural food stores and big chain supermarkets like Pathmark, Stop & Shop, and Shop Rite.

Burgerking & subway sells vegetarian veggie burgers that can be eaten with apple fries/slices instead of french fries and juice instead of soda.

Good luck.|||this is a link to an article about losing weight on a vegan diet, but it still applies to you: http://wayfaringvegans.weebly.com/will-i鈥?/a>
the short of the matter is that you can be a healthy vegan or an unhealthy vegan, JUST like you can be a healthy omnivore or an unhealthy omnivore.|||Healthier yes.
Cleaner, lighter, fresher.

No fatty heartburn, no nausea from eating meat. meat is really really fatty- with animal fat. Bingo.
If meat was Ok to eat- or animal fat in any way- how come it's the one thing that contains cholesterol and we get sick from it.
Ft is the hardet thing for a human to digest- it takes forever compared to other substances.
Animal ft is insoluble, even when it's inside the body ( 98 degrees) it izn't quite liquid, but not solid either, so it's slow moving wazy, fat globules which sit in your stomach, intestine and colon.
If you feel sick to your stomach- the animal fat could be causing that.

All plant oils are healthy- they're soluble, and liquid ( coconut is one exception) and have healthy fats full of omega oils and antioxidants.
Animal fast have no antioxidants - only fish oil has omega oils.

DIgestion- colon cancer IS higher in meat eaters. When meat hits the colon it sticks around = it has NO fibre at all and still leaking blood and body acids. This stains your colon and poisons your tissues if it makes too much contact= there's additives, hormones and even organically formed acid, suphur and urea in animal flesh- even organic meat.

You'lll smell better- meat gives off a smell that isn't exactly pleasant, and we herbivores, like all herbivores, sweat through out skin. Carnivores sweat through their tongues, but we have an antire body sized organ to expell the toxins from our food, and meat is not the most pleasant smell.|||Vegetarian diet - Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
http://www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/veget鈥?/a>|||The benefits of veganism... Is a happier, longer life in every shape and form. I haven't felt better ;)|||I AM A VEGAN CONVERT.
I USED TO LOVE EATING ICECREAM, CHEESE AND STEAK ETC.

VEGANISM HAS CHANGED MY LIFE!
I FEEL MILES BETTER!

HOPE YOU CHOOSE TO DO THE SAME|||I don't believe there are any health benefits in giving up all animal products. Every person is different, of course, but even Ginny Messina, theveganRD, says:

"There is, of course, a pretty good argument for eating more plants (lots more plants) and less animal food, but no one has shown that you must eat a 100 percent plant diet in order to be healthy. So to make an argument for a 100% vegan diet based on health benefits alone, we have no choice but to stretch the truth. We have to overstate the benefits of vegan diets, and sometimes minimize or dismiss the risks. And as soon as we stray from the actual facts, our advocacy is on shaky ground."

I'll translate that for you:

"stretch the truth" = we lie
"overstate the benefits of vegan diets" = we lie
"stray from the actual facts" = we lie
"advocacy is on shaky ground" = sometimes we get caught

http://www.theveganrd.com/2010/11/how-th鈥?/a>|||There are no benefits. They just don't like killing animals. In the name of Jesus.

火车采集器
  • andys auto sport
  • romance novels
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment