Thursday, February 9, 2012

It'll be interesting to see if there's any correlation between philosophies.|||I'm a vegan feminist.
In my experience, people who identify with one progressive philosophy are more likely to identify with others.|||Vegetarians are generally a bit healthier and have lower cholesterol and lower body fat. I would follow that dietary plan if it weren't for the fact that meat, fish, poultry is so tasty to me.

One part of vegetarianism I don't completely understand is the reason some people give. Often, their reasons are the cruel treatment of the animals for slaughter. If that is the case, then they should not use anything which uses animal testing either. That would include all medicine and most personal hygiene/cosmetics. It is really a line in the sand. The ones who say they do it for health reasons, bravo!|||I'm an omnivore myself. But I do believe that animals should be treated very well, and that they should be killed very quickly before they become food.
Animals deserve rights. But I'd die if I stopped eating them.

I think you may find a slight rise in the number of non meat eaters in the sections of Y!A that attract activists, and others with very strong opinions. Most activists, and those that come online to speak enthusiastically on what is very important to them, often have very strong opinions about a lot of other subjects, including animal rights, and diet.

It's a personality trait, as well as an opinion.|||I think they are good and healthy choices. It's good for the enviroment and it's more humane. But you need to be careful to get your complex proteins.

I tried vegetarianism for several years and I noticed it actually made me faster in rugby. I guess I just lost weight but whatever, it actually improved my game. But then I am pretty sure it affected me psychologically because I wasn't getting enough protein and I found that I sure missed eating meat.|||I was a vegetarian for about 3 months, it helped with weight loss. I couldn't go without yogurt, milk, cheese or eggs, however.
I love animals. But I like to eat meat and it energizes me. So I like to think about it in a primitive way, and I am thankful to the animal that it has given its life for me. I think that if people had to kill the animals themselves, they would probably have a better life than they do now when they grow in artificial farms where they have no place to move and are pumped full of growth hormones. We would probably be heathier, too, if we ate healthier meat.|||I am vegetarian. I chose it first because I didn't know how the meat and poultry is produced. I watched a documentary about that and stopped eating meat that day.

I was in 6th grade then. As I went to college and saw different patients; I realized that its also a healthy choice for your heart, arteries and kidneys. Then I realized its good for the nature too.
With animal hormones seeping into our food, its no wonder the average age of cardiac infarction has steadily decreased over the years. Where as age of menarche has decreased in women.

Vegan-ism is extreme thing. Its another mindless bastardization of any good eastern philosophical idea.|||If someone wants to be a vegan or a vegetarian, then it is entirely up to them. It's not for anyone else to say that they are wrong. I can fully appreciate someones wish not to eat meat or any animal products, and I respect their choice.

However, what I don't like is when sometimes THEY have a go at us meat eaters for eating meat. Sometimes they tell us we shouldn't, which is absolute nonsense because human's ARE meat eaters, we are meant to eat meat, our bodies are designed for it. That is not to say that every human should eat meat, like i say if some people choose not to then it is their choice.|||I'm absolutely alright with vegetarians. Alot of times, I wind up 'accidentally' living as a vegetarian due to meat being expensive, as well as the times when mad cow or blue tongue strikes again.
But vegans...? I've never met one personally, though I often hear them preaching about not wearing animal skin or even drinking milk (whuh? what about osteoporosis?). So they seem very foreign to me.

Then again, I've seen alot of vegans crow about the greatness of frozen meals like Quorn, which are vegan foods....shaped like non-vegan foods.

Personally I just find it amusing, not to mention gross, since that's pretty much processed 'things' mashed together to resemble food.|||I wouldn't invite a vegan to dinner. Vegetarians are alright, people have a lot of reasons to be vegetarian. Veganism is too extreme, it's like a fundamentalist religion.|||If that's what you want to do, feel free. I personally eat meat. The saltier the better. I eat steak and sausages and meat loaf and roast chicken and fried chicken and stews and ... well, you get the picture.|||Human beings are meant to be omnivores, but one can live on a vegetarian diet if it's done properly. A vegan diet is unhealthy.|||veganism.PS i don't know what the word means .i believe it means revenge|||I'm fine with both of those in theory, but many vegetarians/vegans I have met tend to be overly proud of their diets.|||I am vegetarian.|||I have no opinion, as long as they don't judge us "meat eaters"=P|||their lifestyle baby

not me though

love meat

hell of a protein

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment