Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm curious what the general state of opinion is on this topic.

And yes, I am faced with the decision to convert due to a rare health concern, my husband has to limit consumption of animal based food, if not get rid of it all together.|||i think its a great thing, theres alot of substitutes for dairy products that are good and theres so many tasty nutritious things to eat and if you do it right you wont feel like you are missing out by not eating meat. plus think of all the animals your NOT eating, the health benefits are outrageous! good luck and i know you will enjoy it.|||i love being a vegan, it's so empowering.
for animal rights, the environment and your body.. it's one of the best, if not the best thing you can do.

anyway about your husband, he doesn't have to "suffer" when he gives up animal products. going vegan has opened up a whole new world of food for me. before veganism, i was absolutely the most pickiest eater on the planet. now i'm trying, and LOVING new things i would not have even put in my mouth before. it's wonderful. vegan lifestyle is an adventure (:|||As long as you ensure that you're not the preachy kind who butts your nose into everyone's business and gives me crap about what I choose to eat, then I have no problem with it.

But you would be among a small minority of the vegans (most of whom are quite militant and fanatical) that I've ever come into contact with.

Also, veganism is a lifestyle, not just a diet. You're not supposed to use any animal-based products at all, not just quit eating them. If your concern is based upon your health, then you could be a strict vegetarian.|||who knows?|||I think it's the second healthiest diet to have (next to raw foodism). I've been vegetarian for three years now and I'm stepping over to veganism. plus, I was told that when you eat dairy you are supporting the same industry that meat comes from....which does not sit well with me.|||I think veganism is great but then again I am vegan so that's a bias answer.

I'm sorry to hear that you have a health concern. May I ask what it is?

There are a lot of books on vegan baking and vegan cooking that I'm sure will help you and your husband. Living without animal products is easy once you know what to look for. I find being a vegan very easy because it becomes a habit more or less in about six months time.

Good luck.|||I'm giving it a go|||I think its great and truly noble.|||I think it's admirable, and if you do it right it's totally healthy.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment