Friday, February 3, 2012

I want to become vegan, fo rhealth reasons. i just want to be healthier overall and i am really tired of eating fatty processed food and i think that veganism is just a better way to go for me.

i am 14, so i cant go out and buy my own food, but i am already vegetarian.

what are some steps or easy foods i can make for breakast lunch and dinner?|||alrighty, so, pretty much you have to get good at reading labels. if it has anything that has to do with animals, don't eat it.

some foods you're going to have to adopt are;
soy milk (i love silk, especially the chocolate kind.)
vegan cream cheese (the tofutti brand is really good.)
soy sour cream
soy ice cream, or just stick to sherbets and sorbets
tofu (egg replacement, good for breakfast.)
and brand name egg replacers

good stores to find most of these items are trader joes and lassens.

good luck!!|||Are you already a vegetarian? If not, cut out red meat first, a few weeks later cut out chicken. Then cut out fish.
Stick to this for a while until you get used to it.
If you already are a veggie, what I did was I stopped drinking straight milk and stopped using it in cooking. Then, I did the same thing to eggs. After that, I cut out Milk and eggs from anything i ate and after a while of that eliminated all other animal products from my diet. If you make the transformation too quickly, you will get sick because of the darastic change in your diet. I have many friends that this happened to them and they went back to eating meat, just make sure your doing it nice and gradually and make sure you are getting an acceptable amount of calcium, protein, and iron.|||You are right, veganism is a lot healthier! =)

It took me a few tries to actually transition 100% to the vegan diet (but who knows, it might work for you the first time!). That was because I missed my cheese and my willpower was not that strong. Sometimes it is better for you to do things gradually, but it all depends on what you personally think you are capable of. I have been vegan for a year and a half now (my third attempt; before this, I was slowly eliminating my consumption of cheese, from once a week to once a month, to none at all, etc.)

You should look at these sites; they have good recipes:
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/
http://www.veganlunchbox.com/recipes.htm鈥?/a>

Here is the best cookbook you can possibly get (in my opinion):
http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Vengeance-De鈥?/a>

Here are some of the easiest things to make...
breakfast: peanut butter & banana sandwiches,
oatmeal with cinnamon and nuts/fruit (instead of sugar or honey, try Agave nectar; it's a natural sweetener),
muffins,
whole wheat toast with Smart Balance (I usually use Earth Balance, but since you said you can't go out to get your own, Smart Balance is available at Walmart in the butter section; it is vegan ONLY if it is in the tub that is green; be sure to read the ingredients and check the label; it will say 'vegan' and also try to get the nonhydrogenated kind),
scrambled tofu (my favorite) =D

Lunch: My favorite is just any kind of sandwiches with lots of veggies (I like to put Tofurkey, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, green bell peppers, and Vegenaise, the Follow Your Heart brand, on mine; mix it up a little), brown rice with vegetables (stir fry or steamed, with seasonings, whatever you like)
Pita sandwiches ;]

Dinner: I've got to run; I'm sorry! :( please check out the links I sent you, and you can email me whenever you'd like. I'll come back and edit later; or you could look at my answers to other vegan/vegetarian questions; I'm sure I'll be repeating myself. tehee

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment