Thursday, February 9, 2012

I know this is the Dog section, not the Vegan & Vegetarian section, but I know the kind of answers I'll get there, and that's the whole point of asking it here-for (relatively) unbiased opinions. I'm open to all opinions, whether or not I agree with them, and will not TD anyone's answer.|||LOL - I'm another one of Ehawlz vegetarian contacts :D (hehe, ps, I thought this was funny.. firefox spell check wanted me to change Ehawlz to Heehaw.... LMAO)

Anyways... I think that we should all 'coexist', so to speak.... meaning, don't hate on me and I won't hate on you. I have my reasons for being a vegetarian and I probably won't change, but that doesn't mean I want to change everyone else, you know? that's the cool thing about individualism... you can do what you want, and I can do what I want (pretty much.. as long as it doesn't affect you or vise versa, i.e. committing murder LOL). So what I'm saying is that I respect your decision to believe whatever you believe and form your own opinions - in fact, I encourage it. People that just do what everyone else does and ''follow suit'' really get on my nerves... that's why I have a problem with a lot of religions. I find it pretty hard to believe that EVERY single person in a religion believes the exact cookie-cutter ideas. don't tell me those people formed their beliefs on their own and still ended up with the same ones as everyone else !!!! LOL.

Anyways... short answer : Live and let live. You want to be a vegetarian - fine. You don't, that's fine too. It's not my decision to make... it's yours.

I'm a vegetarian for several reasons... one is that it's easier to eat healthy (no bigmacs LOL), it moral puts my conscience at ease, morally, (I believe that all living things have souls - not just humans), and lastly the slaughtering system is unbelievably corrupt right now and inhumane (poor living conditions & suffering before slaughter, etc).
But again... I'm not going to judge you if you still want to have a steak LOL. I however, will live without.|||To each his own but I like meat. I need meat.|||For humans, each to their own and I applaud them for having such control and appreciate what they stand for, but its not for me.

For dogs.... NO NO NO!!! thats it :D|||I think both can be done healthily (even veganism, though obviously it's harder). An aquaintance of mine is vegan and has been for years. She has just completed a nursing degree and underwent/passed a full medical examination prior to starting her degree. She's not unhealthy.

I also think that veggies and vegans do no harm to anybody (as long as they don't preach), so I don't get the whole predudice to them. Lots of people think they're weird. I don't. I just wouldn't want to be one.

I think they're very dedicated people, vegans especially. But that lifestyle is not for me.

For dogs it's a completely different matter and is wrong on all accounts. Nobody is making you feel your dog raw meat, but if you're not even prepared to buy a meat-based kibble for the sake of your dog's health, you should have got a rabbit instead.|||It irrelevant to me what people eat. As long as they respect my choice, I will respect theirs. Just don't judge me as we were designed to eat meat. And so were dogs.|||I'm a vegetarian. And I think it's an easy way to avoid cholesterol, fats(unhealthy fats) etc. Good for the environment. I like it. My dog won't be following my dietary ways however, since I'm totally aware of their need for meat. I feed CORE.|||I'm a meat eater...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and when it comes to human vegs its fine

Dogs on the other hand NO...dogs are carnivores..plain and simple.|||I'm a vegetarian. I choose to be because i don't like the thought of an animal dying for food but i would never judge anyone for eating meat because that is their choice.
I think people should be free to eat and not eat what they want and should not be judged for doing so.|||I'm a vegan, I think it's just an eating habit, I hate the whole meat eaters vs vegans, and vegetarian.
I do not, and will NEVER agree with a vegan or vegetarian diet for dogs, they are carnivores and need meat to thrive. I don't force my morals on an animal that has no concept of it.|||It is a personal choice.
I believe that everyone is entitled to their beliefs.
As I mentioned in another question they are a "greener" diet.
I see some people say it is unhealthy. It can be healthy if someone eats properly.

I admire those who can, personally, I just can't.

As for dogs, absolutely in no way do I agree with it. Unless the dog can tolerate no other food for a medical reason, which is highly unlikely.|||huh why are ya asking here, is it for your dog if so he has pointed teeth if ya hadnt noticed that means he eats meat if its however for you you dont have pointed teeth that means ya can live without meat but being honest i wouldnt choose to do that up to you though|||Starring, because I have a few in my contacts that are vegetarians...

I don't care what you, or anyone else wants to eat, as long as you don't harp on my own food choices.

That's how I feel.


Also, those 'I'm a vegan, and therefore holier than thou' people need to go. Srsly. They make good vegetarians look really, really bad.


And in the off chance, this is actually about making your dog a veggie eating hippy (Kidding, kidding!)
Not a good idea. Sure, my dog loves to steal fruit from the kitchen, and enjoys carrots, but I'd never make him eat only veggies and fruit, and the likes. I *do* want him to be healthy, after all...|||I have a high opinion of "vegetarianism" since I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years.

I would however die of starvation if I had to live on a vegan diet.
I find that way too extreme.|||I am a vegetarian because I'm not into the whole murdering thing..
But I know its not for everyone.

And should never be practiced with dogs, because that does not lead to a healthy animal.
And its pretty selfish for the owner to make their animal undergo that.|||I'm an omnivore!

I don't care what people eat, as long as they mind their own business and I will mind mine. I respect you if you're a vegetarian, but I really don't care to hear why you are. I don't go around talking about why I eat meat. And vegans...do they not eat cheese? People who don't eat cheese have something wrong with them.

EDIT: My dog isn't a vegetarian either. :)

Don't even get me started with all the fake meat and cheese vegetarians eat. lol|||I'm a "carnivore" and am very happy with it and respect people who are vegetarians/vegans. They are some dedicated people, I could never be like that, LOL. In fact, my best friend is a vegetarian, and another one of my friends is too.
The only problem I sometimes have about vegetarians/vegans is when SOME get all iffy when somebody is talking about slaughtering animals, eating meat, etc. My best friend is, as mentioned, a vegetarian, and whenever somebody as much whispers "kill xxx animal, slaughter, etc", she moans loudly and covers her ears. It does get annoying very, very quickly, even when there's nothing bad with the animals involved(I was once telling something to her about some people who tried to free pigs meant for slaughter but got killed in the stampeded of pigs that ensued, and at the words "Pigs in a slaughter house" she did what mentioned). But again, this is probably a very, very, very small sample of people.
But those are only some
The diets for dogs, however, I will NEVER agree with. I hate them.

Anyways, I respect them, I could never commit to that kind of lifestyle.|||I am am meat eater, but I would never judge anybody for having a different opinion. I eat how I eat and you eat how you eat. I think variety is what makes the world interesting.

No vegetarian or vegan for dogs or cats, we have a choice they don't.|||I have no ethical problem eating meat. In fact, I think hunting has brought me closer to nature and humanity. Puts you in touch with death a little, and with life, to kill an animal and eat it. It's actually a beautiful process. I'm glad to know that I'm the kind of person with the strength of character to be an omnivore.

For me, it had come to a point where I either needed to be involved with the death and processing of a food animal, and feel that responsibility, or become a vegetarian. I didn't like the sanitized process where animals are slaughtered and neatly packaged so people can feel removed and comfortable. We turn living, breathing animals into little filets that are food- they're completely unidentifiable as muscle tissue that once allowed an animal to move. It made me question whether I had the guts to take an animal's life myself to eat. I made up my mind that if I didn't, I needed to be a vegetarian. To me, it's responsible omnivorism. This has nothing to do with my views of others, it's just a personal feeling. I went hunting last year with my boyfriend. I didn't get the chance to shoot anything, but I did help process the entire deer (two actually). It's not clean. It's a bloody, greusome process. That first night I got out my cook book and made a whole roast with all the trimmings. If that animal was going to die (a young buck), I'm going to respect it in a way I know how by making the fanciest, most delicious meal I can. It was amazing. I've now started to train my dog in bird hunting and I know that the first bird I kill will be amazing, and I'll have a lot of respect for that animal. For me, that's how I justify eating meat. That's how life works. Carnivores and omnivores eat prey animals. To deny that and be vegetarian, to me, is to deny a little of our humanity and our place in the natural world. That being said, I think those prey animals deserve more respect and acknowledgement from us.

Sorry if that was a little long, and too in depth. It's something I had been thinking a lot about last fall, so I wanted to share. Interesting question!

Added: I respect people who are vegan and veg- I have a lot of friends in those camps. It's never been for me. I am a bit against not thinking through these issues and eating one way or the other just because it's fashionable or its how you were raised.

For dogs- No way, no how, not ever. Tantamount to abuse.|||ha, i'm one of ehawlz veg contacts :)
i'm not sure she was talking about me, but hey, i'm here, so i'll answer!

well being a vegetarian, my opinion would be that it's pretty awesome.


I've been veg for over 3 years, and i love everything about it. I'm not supporting the horrible conditions the animals were raised in (growth hormones, small pens/cages, not fed proper food), i'm not supporting the brutal way they were slaughtered, etc. plus it's so much better for the environment. cows release a HUGE amount of methane in a day, and it's very bad for the environment. not to mention the acres, upon acres, upon acres of land consumed by animals destined for slaughter. plus, it just grosses me out to be eating something that was once full of life...or was deprived a life.

but honestly, i don't go standing on my soap box. if someone asks, or if someone makes an ignorant comment about vegetarianism, i'll pipe in. but i'm not the one sitting there going "EWW, you're disgusting! do you have a heart? you're a horrible being!" when someone orders chicken. it's their decision. i don't support it, but it's not my business either.

and, surprise, i'm for some hunting. *some*. i had an acquaintence who i volunteered with who was a huge hunter. he hunted the overpopulated deer population, and used as much of the deer as he could. he made leather out of the hide, treated the leather with the deer's..insides..and ate the meat. i'm obviously not a hunter, so maybe some of those terms were wrong...but you get the point. i was totally for what he was doing. he was going to eat meat anyway, and his way of killing the animal was much more humane than what goes on at slaughter plants, and he completely respected the deer, and used as much as he could. people that trophy hunt...different story..but again, i won't get on my soap box.


so yeah...that's my opinion!|||People can choose whatever diet they want. Humans are omnivores, giving us flexibility in what we eat; which is we people can choose to eat a omnivorous or vegetarian diet.
I respect the decision of someone to eat whatever diet they choose.

A vegetarian diet, just like an omnivorous diet, can be healthy when done right and unhealthy when done wrong.

A vegan diet is simply not ideal for a human. I respect the choice of adults that choose such a diet; it's their life, their health, and their choice. But I disagree when people eat a strict vegan diet while pregnant or nursing, or feed an infant or young child a strict vegan diet; during these crucial development stages is not the time to be messing around.
.|||I'm not a vegetarian. In fact I'm a big, big fan of meat, and I happen to strongly dislike all but about 8 types of vegetable. Nothing I like better than a fresh steak, charred on the outside & bloody rare in the middle. For the most part, due to health consciousness & cost, I eat chicken, fish & lean wild game...but if I want a treat, I'm going to an expensive steakhouse :)

Still, I respect other people's choices. I could care less what's on somebody else's plate, as long as I can eat my meal in peace. I take the same approach to veg*ism as I do to any other "lifestyle choice" that I don't happen to share. Be it religion, sexual orientation, political leanings, WHATEVER....as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, by all means, DO WHATEVER MAKES YA HAPPY, just stay off your d*mn soapbox :)

I don't go out of my way to belittle or ridicule veg*ns, or convince them to just 'try a bite' of something meaty & delicious. I expect the same respect in return. If my lifestyle choices are treated with respect, I'll go above & beyond to treat that person's with as much respect as I can.

Those that insist on preaching are doing absolutely nothing to advance their cause.|||Anybody who'd call themselves anything that starts with "V" is a weirdo....

Just kidding!!!

But...vegetarians and vegans are all weirdos...but they know it, which makes it okay. Weirdos who don't know they're weird...now those are the weirdos to look out for...

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment