Thursday, February 9, 2012

I have been vegan for almost 4 years. During that time, my bipolar disorder, GAD and self injury have gotten worse. I make sure to get enough B12, iron, and omega 3s, but I've always wondered if somehow my veganism was making me worse. I DO NOT want to start eating animal products again, but I wonder if there's any truth to my fears. Please post links to back up your claims if at all possible.|||Without knowing your diet, this is just speculation! But:

You don't mention protein, so I'm thinking that you might not eat enough of it. Proteins are the building blocks for neurotransmitters, so a low intake could be effecting your mood.

First, make sure that you're getting at least the RDA of protein. Then I'd try a higher protein, but balanced, diet like the Soy Zone.

At the very least, adding an EXTRA soy protein shake once-a-day for a month can't hurt and could go a long way to cover your bases.

Hope this helps and best wishes!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment