Friday, February 3, 2012

I am vegetarien and I totally believe that it is totally cruel to use animals as a food source but I am finding it extremely difficult to convert how should I do it?|||What are you having a problem with?

Do you like meat/dairy/eggs; are they hard to give up?
---over time it鈥檚 easier to do without these things. After you've given them up they may actually begin to gross you out (I know that I could never go back to eating any of them).
One thing you can do is start making them seem nasty in your head. Think of an egg as a chicken's period.
I have some nasty dairy info if dairy is something you鈥檙e having a hard time giving up. I'll post it when I get a chance (or you can e-mail me and I'll give you the links). It will make you never want to touch anything dairy again, I bet.
As far as meat, I went "cold tofurkey". Gave it all up at once, I never really liked meat anyways. But if you have a problem giving up meat, then you should start thinking of the meat as what it was---an animal. Think of it as flesh... Think of it as a pet... If the chicken was your pet, would you eat it?

Or is your problem with finding food to eat?
--- There are plenty veg recipe cites. Here is one I like:
http://www.vegcooking.com/

Basically almost anything you ate as a non-vegan, you should be able to find (or make) a vegan version of it. Once you get used to it, it becomes fun.
You can take any recipe and "veganize" it easily.
Beans, fake meat, and mushrooms can be used to replace the meat in a recipe.
Soy milk or rice milk can be used to replace cow's milk.
If you are baking and you want to replace eggs, you can use a 1/4 cup of silken tofu to replace each egg.

Something you'll have to get used to is reading ingredient labels.
Here is a list of animal ingredients and FAQs:
http://www.ivu.org/faq/ingredients.html

I also have a bunch of vegetarian information links on this blog I wrote a while ago, If you鈥檙e interested (I don't feel like coping and pasting)
http://360.yahoo.com/profile-VhTVUj05cqp鈥?/a>

Good luck.|||No problem :]
Thank you.

Report Abuse

|||Convince yourself you hate to kill any animals and stop eating meat.|||dont.|||If you have to, then convert as slowly as you can. You can quit immediately, it could do more damage that what you think. Find alternatives for animal products, and take as many vitamins as humanly possible. Personally, I don't have a problem eating animal products. I just choose to not eat anything I would have as a pet. Be safe and healthy in your choice.

Here are a few sites to give you more information, such as recipes and what others say about it.|||go to peta2(DOT)com


thats what i did and i am happier than when i ate meat ;)


just remember to eat your beans and nuts! lol ( protien )|||Going vegan can be a little tough at first, but it's really not that hard if you're a vegetarian already. I went all-out vegan 3 years ago, just completely stopped eating animal products one day (not the best way to go). Make sure you know what you are doing completely. I got very sick from doing it wrong, but I am still very glad I went vegan.

Anyway, from scratch you probably want to do it gradually. Cut out the red meat, then the white meat, then the fish and poultry, then eggs, then dairy. I've read that's the best way, but I don't know for sure because I didn't do it that way, and I'm the only veg I know around here.

You said you're already a veg though. It might help to know how you are finding it difficult, because there are many difficulties. Is it health worries? Your family worries? Just like eggs and dairy a lot? I would say just cut them out, because I found that most effective for me. Cutting it out slowly might be better for some people, gradually decreasing intake until you don't consume any more animal products.

And there are tons of alternatives out there. Theres many things you can use instead of eggs in baking, though you won't be able to have scrambled eggs or anything (like Egg Beaters are still eggs, just the whites which are just as bad in my opinion).

Take vitamins! Even non-vegs should too. It keeps you healthier. And just have a well-balanced diet like everyone else should.

In the end, though, there really is no "best" way. Find a way that is easiest for you. And just do what you can! Nobody's perfect. I sometimes slip and eat a pastry with milk and egg products, and I wear leather shoes to formal events (my everyday shoes are vegan tho).

Good luck!|||Since you're already vegetarian, it should be easier to just drop dairy and eggs from your diet than if you were an omni. You'll have to read labels a little more scrupulously.

It would help to know what's making it hard so I can help you work around this little roadblock of sorts. There's soy milk, soy ice cream, and soy yogurt, but a good vegan cheese is hard to come by, I must say.|||the best way is to not convert to vegetarianism at all. GO MEAT!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment