Friday, February 17, 2012

Do you know anyone who is one or are you one? I've tried eating raw a few time but never could get past a week. Any tips? I felt better during those weeks than I ever have in my life.|||I've been raw for almost two years, and it is terrific!

Tips? Get a good cookbook! "Raw Food Made Easy," by Jennifer Cornbleet is good, and doesn't require special equipment that you will eventually want if you stick to it. (Like a juicer, a dehydrator and a spiral slicer)

Find someplace that sells LARABARS! They are so good, and totally raw.
Always have raw nuts or avocados on hand- fat is great for cravings.

Oh, and I hate to disagree with Kyle- he's a bright guy with good answers- but eating raw does NOT (necessarily) mean a lot of soaking and sprouting. That's a LIVING food diet.
Raw just means mostly raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.

My husband advises all his patients with chronic conditions to do raw food for two weeks- they ALWAYS improve.|||There's a great raw vegan restaurant near me but I can't even go a day doing the raw thing at home, it seems like so much prep with all the sprouting, soaking, etc.|||A close friend of mine did this for a short time. I would say the best thing to do would be to try an enormous variety of things, so you can find things you really enjoy. Then it won't be so much of a hassle. You also might discover things you wouldn't have bothered to try, otherwise.|||I have been a vegetarian for some time and decided to go raw a few weeks ago. I was having trouble making the switch and sticking to it so I transitioned to it over the course of a couple weeks. I found it easier to gradually give up dependence on cooked and steamed vegetables. I have been looking for good recipe books but I can't help there as I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. I haven't found any yet.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment