Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Also, any kind of advice or websites on veganism would be appreciated. Thanks a lot! :)|||You'll need to replace all the protein (and fat) that you won't be getting from meat. Also, lack of B-12 (and other vitamins) can be an issue. Check out the link below for more information about the potential pitfalls of veganism.

The good news is that our guts are a compost heap that runs on whatever we give 'em. Look at how varied people's diets are around the world (or even around the neighborhood) - all meat, no meat, only raw food, only cooked food - people successfully live on all these nutritional regimes. Eat what you like, listen to your body, and tell everybody to shut the hell up if they don't like your diet.|||There are alot of problems that might come up. Be sure to get lots of Vitamin's, Calcium, and Specific nutrients. If your a girl, you should be careful if your going to have a child. It's a very healthy way to live, as long as you do it right.|||Being vegan is a lot harder than you know. You will need a source of non-allergenic protein. Soy is allergenic. You will need to take supplemental vitamins and especially minerals as the plants you are going to eat do not contain sufficient quantities of either. You need a source of fats. Plants fats help, but they do not contain DHA for proper brain function. If you do these things you may have a pleasant experience. One more thing, you will need to do a lot more exercise as you will need to burn off all of the extra calories from all of the plant sugar you are going to be eating. I know a lot of fat vegans.|||If one cares about his/her health, then s/he is going to be diligent about getting all necessary nutrients. I'm vegan, my husband is an omnivore. When I was blessed with my pregnancy, I had a healthy 170 pounds on my six foot frame. Part of that, though, is that I had just gotten lazy and no longer worked out. There was not much room in the house in which we lived for yoga and the weather got cold for walking. It is even more unfortunate that I did not work out during my pregnancy either. Partially because finances prevented me from buying new shoes. Now, in my ninth month (I expect to have this baby this week), I'm only 35 pounds heavier. After the baby is born, though, I will join the gym. Even though it will be less than $10, I will still have to pay it up front and I hate wasting money, so that will be my motivation. Also, I can pick up my yoga at home and I don't have to worry about the baby. (Like if my husband can be home for a couple of hours without taking from his day, or if my MIL can come, etc.)

Yes, there are fat, unhealthy veg*ns. There are also fat, unhealthy meat eaters. It's all a matter of choice. While my husband still eats meat, he just doesn't do so in large quantities, usually. He still eats meat when we go out, but not shred of it would be found in our house. Because he is concerned about his health, and wants us to eat dinners together again, he's been doing more meatless, meals and has been trying the veggie "meats".

Anyway, if you're uncertain about where to get a vitamin or something in your diet, do a search for, say, "vegan calcium sources" and you'll usually get some good information.

Also, I just found the title and author of this book, "Everyday Vegan," by Dreena Burton. The person who reccommended it from another thread I answered said it included information and tips on being a healthy vegan from infancy to adulthood. We're going to let our child(ren) choose what they want to eat (junk food will not be common in my home, though I will learn how to do more good vegan baked goods, like the chocolate cake that gets compliments whenever I take it to a potluck). One of the reasons my husband doesn't eat much meat, dairy and eggs anymore is that he learned from where conventional meat comes and it sunk in this time. (The information came from his meat and processed food eating father who has had and has health problems. He heard it on an overnight radio show, Coast to Coast) I personally don't think I could ever eat meat again, regardless of the source. However, if my family wants to eat it, I will be very careful of researching its source. I could do cheese and eggs if I had to, but that's it. Again, if dairy and eggs are bought, we will be careful of its source.

Anyway, I hope this has been of some help.|||Hmmm...

Let's arbitrarily exclude half the potential nutrient sources from our diet. Good idea.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment